WHO KNEW ?

tom barry

Veteran
Aug 20, 2011
http://news.yahoo.com/who-knew-winter-solstice-27640810.htm#crsl=%252Fwho-knew%252Fwinter-solstice-27640810.html

Why was I NEVER taught this in my history classes, back in the 50's ??

Why was this NEVER mentioned or talked about in my Episcopal church back in the 50's ?? (considering Stonehenge IS in England)

(Episcopal church, ...England...get it)

They T E L L you to trust/have faith/it Really is REAL !!
??

While the Solstice is "Rock Hard" F A C T !!

We hear occasionally around this time of year..."The Greatest Story EVER Told"...., Yet in REALITY it's the "GREATEST Story EVER S O L D " !!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO, I don't hate christians, I (Immensely) Dislike Christian SNAKE OIL Salesmen) !

Reactions: 1 person
http://news.yahoo.com/who-knew-winter-solstice-27640810.htm#crsl=%252Fwho-knew%252Fwinter-solstice-27640810.html

Why was I NEVER taught this in my history classes, back in the 50's ??

Why was this NEVER mentioned or talked about in my Episcopal church back in the 50's ?? (considering Stonehenge IS in England)

(Episcopal church, ...England...get it)

They T E L L you to trust/have faith/it Really is REAL !!
??

While the Solstice is "Rock Hard" F A C T !!

We hear occasionally around this time of year..."The Greatest Story EVER Told"...., Yet in REALITY it's the "GREATEST Story EVER S O L D " !!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO, I don't hate christians, I (Immensely) Dislike Christian SNAKE OIL Salesmen) !

I don't see what the big deal is. So what if the celebrations are at the same time. Doesn't mean Jesus wasn't born. Could just be a co-inky-dink.

I don't see what the big deal is. So what if the celebrations are at the same time. Doesn't mean Jesus wasn't born. Could just be a co-inky-dink.

It's ALWAYS a big deal with anti Christians Bigots!

Anyone with a functioning brain knows that December 25th was an arbitrary date set for Christ's birth by the early Christians. The Catholic Church like any good company marketing it's product (Eternal Salvation) has to make decisions on how to grow (Saved Souls). One of the many ways the early Christians marketed their "product" was to align with their holidays with other mainstream faiths of the time.

They also took up wearing of jewelery in the shape of a cross to symbolize Christ's death and subsequent Resurrection. To give an idea of the impact of that jewelery compare it to each of us wearing a gold electric chair around our neck.

So unless you're a Christian Hating Bigot, you're right that there is no "Big Deal".

Good Point Seatacus, Jesus WAS born, lived and died(horribly) !
THAT I've never argued, or that he was a Prophet, a Jew and lived (approx) 33 years !

Now Immaculate conception, levitation and people who would ...lay down thier LIFE for the authenticity of the New Testament,...............well thats a whole different ball game.

Funny, that the deeper one digs into the (possible) charade, the more one finds ! :unsure:

As the sun sets on the shortest day of 2011(today), here's wishing the whole world a joyfull Winter Solstice. Time for tree decorating, Yule logs and gift giving. :D

PS, anyone seen ol' Kris Kringle around ?

Funny, that the deeper one digs into the (possible) charade, the more one finds ! :unsure:
Tom, if you dig with a certain objective in mind people tend to only look at evidence that supports their position. Not that you do that, but some do. We could go round and round on this but we will both probably be in the same place when we are done. Merry Christmas..................

Tom, if you dig with a certain objective in mind people tend to only look at evidence that supports their position. Not that you do that, but some do. We could go round and round on this but we will both probably be in the same place when we are done. Merry Christmas..................

Seatacus,
I appreciate your taking an itelligent approach on this subject. My investigation(though in the early stage) is nonetheless starting to go DEEP into what (perhaps) could be a massive religious Fraud.
Before anyone (might) say religion is off-topic here, I'd remind them that religion and politics go hand-in-hand in our country, Sadly. (too many people "un-heeding" Jefferson), and God knows there is a shite-load of politics discussed here.

Back to religion/christianity, My Main points of contention are;
1. The DOWNPLAYING of the "addendum" of jesus's birthday to the Winter Solstice, when NO proof is EVER given as to his D O B.

2+3. The defying of 2 laws of nature, Immaculate conception, and resurection of a dead body (100+ lbs)
floating skyward, and Guarantee BY Millions, that said Body will reverse direction !
AND(for now)
4. Jesus was asked Point Blank Numerous times during his trial IF he WAS the son of GOD. In Every case he Never answered simply "YES or No".
Assumptions or half-type answers Not valid in the Court of the times, or now even.

Food for thought ? Absolutely.

But to Jesus's credit, This tired ol' world certainly could use some of his good suggestions !
Thanx for listening,..................and again, I don't HATE christians. I DONT hate ANYONE !!
(Only the Republican Party comes close) :angry: :angry:

Who do you subpoena to get a copy of Jesus' birth cverficate?

RNC?

Jesusbirthcertificate.jpg

:p

Was trying to figure out how to work Ron Paul into this thread but I couldn't. Larry the Cable Guy will have to suffice