Who should be fired...

IT_Traveler

Jun 7, 2006
I vote for the head of IT and any project manager responsible for the abysmal way in which the new website works…

I fly AW/USAir almost exclusively as an IT professional and have been unable to use the website for two weeks. I’ve been calling and getting a different story each time regarding how to book travel without logging in. They can’t even give me an estimate of when I can log in. This kind of downtime which is affecting their best customers is totally unacceptable.

I’ve been getting crappy service from off shore call-center employees (specifically in the Philippines and South America) when booking travel over the phone. I was told yesterday by some moron in Manila that I must pay 5.00 extra for booking over the phone even though it’s their fault I can’t do it online. I’ve always loved AW and am a Gold member working hard toward Platinum I prayed that things wouldn’t go south, but it looks like my worst fears are coming true…

I’ve been calling in to book flight and calling about my online account so often that I’ve started asking people what call center they work in.

Philippines = fire them all
South America = fire them all
Tempe = Give them all raises
Florida = Raises for all.

p.s.
Yes I know I’m generalizing horribly but I needed to rant.
:down:

I am an ex u pilot. I needed to buy tickets today for my son to go back to college at the end of the month to PHL. I compared swa and u for schedule and price. I have done this many times in the past. I was shocked at how bad the "new" website is. It is very hard to use compared to swa. I would have liked to have booked on U because i still have a lot of friends that work there but i couldn't justify it. SWA price was better, schedule fit our plans better and the web site was far superior. I'm just being honest here i'm not trying to bash.

It is sad that such a vital link between customer and company was launched wihtout a thorough evaluation. This is NOT a start up carrier, and the web site should not have been treated as such. I am embarrased that the company launched the site, and I offer my most sincere apology for the frustration that you and our many valued customers are expereiencing due to this short sited launch.

The excitement in the new design may have clouded the judgement of the powers that be. I know that is no excuse, nor do I offer it as such, but it's all I got.

I would encourage both of you to put your suggestions and frustrations in an email to company

Yeah email the company and get that speedy response. Oh yeah, "Pardon Our Dust". Between the Website and the ETC I am just about on the edge. Just who is responsible for the IT. Parker HAS to be having a fit over this. Everyone from our most elite to Ma and Pa kettle can't work that damn site. It's HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE HORRIBLE not to mention an embarrasment to the rest of the airline community. The merger is running as smooth as anyone could possibly imagine. :rolleyes:

I've tried to use the website a few times to help a friend book travel and I could not get it to work at all, so I gave up and they too booked on Southwest. By the way our own employee website that we use for booking doesn't work that well either, but that's for another thread. Can they just bring back the old US Airways.com and use that? It seemed much more reliable.

Corp thinks there are only a few glitches and all is well. Head of IT believe it is Joe Beery will probably get a huge bonus and raise. I am not technologically literate-consider myself for the most part computer free-but understand the frustration of many of you. Those of us on the front line appreciate any patience you can give us if you need to call. We are doing the best we can(phx) with so little. Not only are our best customers hung out on this one but they've hung their employees with them.

Again...."Pardon Our Dust". LOL Book away, Book away. Ever call res outside of the US? It's like booking a reservation through the clowns mouth at a fast food drive-thru. The website is one of the most important links between company and customer. It's excuse after excuse. God help you poor res folks. I feel for ya. I certainly can't answer any questions on the a/c when a passenger askes me. I just say "Sorry" as I do with just about everything else that screws the customer on their travels. ;)

Without trying to be more of a contrarian then I normally am ( :) ), yesterday I booked a trip to Vegas for New Years weekend on the website and it went well. However, I had logged into the site so maybe that made a difference.

Unfortunantly US has never "Put the Customer First" over the years. I am sad to know this thinking is still carry over with the "NEW" US. It seems to still be the old "Take it or Leave it" thinking. I doubt if it will change as long as the seats are full and the money keeps coming in.

But on the positive side, it is my understanding the company is closing all the off shore res sites, and hiring at the res centers in the USA. But the starting wage for a new hire agent is only $8 per hour, so there isnt exactly a line out the door applying for the jobs.

Here is an idea for some that have not really experienced the new US website. As ya hang out and blow time sitting in front of the computer logon to AA, DL, CO also WN and F9. Navigate around a little, check the route maps, pick some city pairs and price etc. Then go to Usairways.com and see how user friendly ya find it. It is absolutely horrible. It is NOT user friendly at all. Is the IT department straight out of school or schooled AT ALL? The other carriers must be cracking up :lol: watching this three ring circus.

Travelpro, that is the issue I was dancing around earlier. It is inhouse IT, more than likely straight out of school, used to dealing with a small reginal, NOT a global network. It is an embarrasment, and the company NEEDS to know via email that the site sux BIG. They need to know every glitch experienced, every second wasted, every failed reservation. They need the raw data to see that it just aint workin. They need to realize that Ma and Pa's crop dusting website cant compare to the big boys...which US claims to be. US is supposed to be a full service LCC. Not a low class, no service, lcc. The guys in charge need to know whats going on.

My vote (along with i bet hundreds of other pdt employees) goes to steve farrow, his elimination would be a giant bolster to morale at pdt and help the situation here at pdt by removing his punative meddling

It is NOT user friendly at all. Is the IT department straight out of school or schooled AT ALL? The other carriers must be cracking up :lol: watching this three ring circus.

Since the beginning of this merger almost every aspect of IT has been a mess on both the customer and employee sides. I don't know what they will do when the Vo-Tech kids that are running the department go home for the summer. :down:

linemech

Yeah email the company and get that speedy response. Oh yeah, "Pardon Our Dust". Between the Website and the ETC I am just about on the edge. Just who is responsible for the IT. Parker HAS to be having a fit over this. Everyone from our most elite to Ma and Pa kettle can't work that damn site. It's HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE HORRIBLE not to mention an embarrasment to the rest of the airline community. The merger is running as smooth as anyone could possibly imagine. :rolleyes:

Doug Parker flies for free anywhere anytime....he has no reason to go on the website...he's got a secretary to book himself and family space positive/first class.