Who‘s Your God?

cavalier

Veteran
Aug 28, 2002
www.usaviation.com
I see posters on here so afraid of losing their jobs that it’s truly a sad thing to see. These posters are either actual management personnel or they are just like most of us, a U employee going through all the turmoil thanks to deregulation, 9/11, Dave/Dave & Jerry. These posters are all whining, pleading and begging people like myself and others of like mind that we must submit and stop pretending we have any kind of power to stop what’s happening, to yield and let fate rule. Well, sorry people, this guy’s fate will be his own strictly by his own choosing and not by the hands of the very ruthless and known union breaking management team we have in place. I can see why the Jerry Glass’s of the world are in business; there is indeed a place for them. There are hordes of people so afraid of their self worth; they have no confidence in their God given talents and abilities, and obviously have zero self-esteem. It’s most sorrowful that they don’t have a solid belief system to fall back on. This is why a union breaking management team can win, because they know human nature and exploit it for all it’s worth, playing on the fears and doubts people secretly live with. This management team has gone so far over the line that I find it hard to believe one living soul could or would defend them, yet here we are, tons of souls willing to become living sacrifices to these people who at one time called themselves labor friendly. It’s amazing, simply amazing. Then again it was amazing when Jim Jones made everyone drink Kool-Aid and they smiled doing it. Personally, I find it exhausting fighting with all the yes people on these boards. I have been thrown off several times for getting too fired up over it. People PM me and thank me for my passion. Instead of Pming me, try a little passion yourselves, make a stand, know when enough is enough, and rely on yourself, not someone else. When it’s all said and done we each will rely on ourselves solely and completely and that’s when it will be very important to ask yourself, who is my God. You don’t have to wait until you’re half dead, you can do it now and make a stand knowing no matter what, your God will sustain you, that all the abuse being spit out by this management is not a necessary part of your life. God Speed to us all.

cavalier said:
Edited for easier reading. Cavs previous post quoted.

Wise post!
If there is anybody that should be concerned about losing a job it is me. However, there is an understanding that gives wisdom, peace, and rest, especially in the face of corporate greed. It's just a job and it shouldn't consume a person but if it does it will leave emptiness because it won't stop until it consumes everything. And in the end, the person who allows it to consum them, whether management or non-management, will be a witness to it. After all, an idol is empty.

Amen Cav.......I would hate to be in a fox hole in combat with some of these folks.......Either these posters are very weak hearted or they have greed polluted souls ..........Either way it is not righteous.

--The answers they are looking for cannot be found here.

Attachments

• wall.jpg
    wall.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 202
I started coming to these forums because I was so fed up with the whole mess. I certainly don't like my fate being in someone else's hands and would rather shoot myself in the foot than live with playing lap dog. Some may think "The Concession Stand is Closed" is just a feeble attempt of a few to try and convince the rest not bend and give again. The few that speak against corporate and a third round of concessions represent the majority in this case. The big picture goes beyond USAirways. This is the beginning of history repeating itself and someone has to take a stand once again against corporate greed. The laborers have stood idle for too long. It's time to stir the waters and make corporations responsible for their ineptitude, greediness, and cut throat ways. It seems to me that most like to tell a hard working, middle class citizen that they make too much for what they do. Everyone has an opinion but few like to point their fingers at the big guys and say the same about them.

It's "No one is entitled to their job or wage" from one person. "Give more or else" from another. "This is reality or the inevitable" from yet another. I could go on and on - but I won't. I am a hard working, honest, intelligent American citizen and yes, I have earned the blessing of having a decent job with a decent wage. Philosophically speaking no one is entitled to anything - you get what you give and I have given again and again. Which takes me to the next agenda. I have given enough and will not give more. I cannot afford to give more. If that means losing my job, then so be it. I'll find something else. I stay because this is where I belong in my life at this moment. You have to draw the line somewhere and this is where I'm drawing my line. On to the next. Yes, indeed we are facing reality. Life is full of realities but only one rears its head at this time. My reality is not one of dying from loss of blood because someone higher up wants to prick me until there's nothing left. My reality is forcing those in charge to take a look at the festering wounds and figure a way to heal them. Mine is ensuring that my children have a future in which corporate heads don't seperate themselves from the rest and expect everyone to sacrifice except themselves. Can it be done? Yes. How? Well, we as a collective whole have to find a way. There are ways but we have to be willing to explore them. You see, reality isn't looking through a single pane of glass but stepping back and taking a long, hard look at the entire picture.

In closing, my God has sustained me. There have been times my sole survival was truly dependent on Him and when I looked back there was no other explanation but divine intervention. I believe everyone is where they are at for a reason and sometimes you have to take a step of faith and hope for the best. In the end, I know I'll be okay because at least I have my God.

The majority of the IAM members I talk with do not agree with Cav's comments, which includes mechanics, utility, and fleet service personnel. Why? Reality and the need to continue to work.

It's sad, but true and I do not like it.

For example, the USA Today recently published an article discussing the mechanic job market and the opportunities for those with mechanic skills. For car dealerships, on average the Department of Labor reported that each dealership would hire two mechanics each six months at a starting wage rate of less than $17 per hour. However, to obtain this position applicants must first attend a technical school for 54 weeks and pay a tuition of $18,000.

Another option listed by the USA Today that would not require the technical school is for painters/coaters, who would be paid on average less than $12 per hour.

I believe many of the Pittsburgh-based mechanics understand this because without a cost effective solution to conduct heavy maintenance in-house, if the company wins the A320 grievance, the Pittsburgh maintenance facility will likely be shut down along with other Pittsburgh facilities.

Either way it appears the company will lower maintenance unit costs. The only question seems to be who will conduct the maintenance. US Airways or other mechanics?

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

What surprises me is the denial that some have. As i have stated before, reality and facts sometime clash. The facts are that management has in deed read the contract the way it intended it to be vs the mechs and their intentions with thier contract. This happens all the time in this industry and thats why there are arbitrators. Reality is the industry is where it is. It isnt like this airline is alone with its problems. Usairways is way ahead of the pact when it comes to adressing these issues. Mainly because we are in deeper trouble than others, and the issues have to be addressed. For the most part, the majority of our employees knows what we have to do. For the most part the majority of our employees does not see this management against the unions. The problem is there, plain and simple. It has to be dealt with. What some on here mistaken for "lack of self'esteem" is in fact knowing the reality of life. I dont need , nor do many, to look very far beyond our own county lines to see the condition this country is in. Our problems are greater than what this company can control and most certainly what my union can control. This administration has let the country down and most certainly is anti union. You want to make a change this year and make a difference and have some control, then change this administration. Thats something we do have control over. I have self esteem and self worth. I dont nor do others at this company need a preaching to about self esteem. We are all adults here. In the end we will do what we have to do based on what we think is right or wrong. I respect the opinions of others on this board, however, the message and respect gets lost in the anger, bittereness, and the insulting. Its very clear to me as well as others what the intent is by some. Its sad but some just dont get it , that their message is being lost because of the anger and hatred thats bleeds through. In the end we are a democracy We all as an american have the right to our own opinion. Hopefully the oponion can be expressed in an "adult" way so that our message isnt lost, nor is the respect.

USA320Pilot said:
The majority of the IAM members I talk with do not agree with Cav's comments, which includes mechanics, utility, and fleet service personnel. Why? Reality and the need to continue to work.
The day of reckoning will soon be upon us captain and then we will know if you or I have the facts straight on how many have my mindset.

Until then captain, why don't you go take a break and stop making your self look foolish, begging grown men to do what you believe they should do. This is my very polite way of saying you're a pain in the ***!!

Didn't he already post his comments about mechanics and car dealerships once before? Good luck to the mechanics with the arbitration. Maybe then he will end his doom and gloom rhetoric. Most respectfully, Savy

USA320Pilot said:

It's sad, but true and I do not like it.

For example, the USA Today recently published an article discussing the mechanic job market and the opportunities for those with mechanic skills. For car dealerships, on average the Department of Labor reported that each dealership would hire two mechanics each six months at a starting wage rate of less than $17 per hour. However, to obtain this position applicants must first attend a technical school for 54 weeks and pay a tuition of $18,000.

Another option listed by the USA Today that would not require the technical school is for painters/coaters, who would be paid on average less than $12 per hour.

I believe many of the Pittsburgh-based mechanics understand this because without a cost effective solution to conduct heavy maintenance in-house, if the company wins the A320 grievance, the Pittsburgh maintenance facility will likely be shut down along with other Pittsburgh facilities.

Either way it appears the company will lower maintenance unit costs. The only question seems to be who will conduct the maintenance. US Airways or other mechanics?

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
Mechanics,as a group, are probably the folks on the property MOST able to replicate their income outside of U.

Not so confident about ALPA.

PineyBob said:
Cav did make a good point though and I agree that skill set wise the mechs have the least to lose in terms of transitioning inot another income opportunity. AOG has made some real good points and given examples of how to do it. He is wise counsel on this.
Gee Bob thanks for the accolades, coming from you that actually means sometime.

AOG is a wise man, and by the way, where IS he?

Cav,

Glad you ask. I will give a more specific answer as I am not so PC. For the majority of my life it was the usual....$/sex/job status. Now on ocaision it is the one and only living GOD . I require much guidance and very stubborn but HE has not let go and promises not to.

Verse below stays in my mind daily as i deal with corporate villians. :)

Rom 8:28-31
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
(KJV)

:shock: :shock: 320, Mechanics might start at 17.00 @ hr , at such dealership, but top out very simular to 30.00 + hr later!! Again, you have not a clue , again, on what your talking about! Question is....... How much can a pilot turned newspaper carrier make for a living?????

Latest posts