Why Couldnt Pit Do This?

mrf777

Advanced
Aug 20, 2002
CLE
www.usaviation.com
CLEVELAND -- A big announcement is coming Friday about the future of Continental Airlines at Hopkins Airport.

The city and Continental will announce a tentative understanding to keep its hub here for another 10-years.

Continental currently has about 3,500 employees here and 250 daily flights.

The continued marriage between Continental and Cleveland clears the way for more growth and improvements at Hopkins Airport.

Any deal cut with Continental will also apply to other airlines. Watch for a news conference tomorrow with Mayor Campbell and Gordon Bethune.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well that article says alot about how USAirways is not doing the things they have to do to save this airline.

"We went through bankruptcy twice, and both times we emerged with reorganized financial obligations, with new stockholders -- and with the same crappy company," Bethune wrote in his book. "We still had the same infighting, the same bad service, the same poor scheduling, and the same lousy pricing that got us into bankruptcy court in the first place."

That quote above sounds like USAirways to me

"Bethune went out of his way to try to cultivate employee trust and loyalty, and it succeeded quite well in the face of a fair amount of retrenchment," airline analyst Lauer said.

That quote above is exactly what USAirways isn't and never has done. At least not with this management

Doesn't sound good folks while I don't agree with alot of things Cav now says I do agree with him that USAirways is about to pay the ultimate price.. non-existence

I remember Siegel's written speech I read when he addressed the Aviation International Club in DCA in September of 2002. (Where he called Delta CEO, Dr. Evil)..

He said that he learned two things from Bethune...

1. Never fight with your wife
2. Never fight with your employees

WOW, did he not learn a damn thing. :rolleyes:

PitBull,

Is there any way any management could lower labor cost here without fight with you?

I really doubt it....

PITbull said:
I remember Siegel's written speech I read when he addressed the Aviantion National Club in DCA in September of 2002.

He said that he learned two things from Bethune...

1. Never fight with your wife
2. Never fight with your employees

WOW, did he not learn a damn thing. :rolleyes:
[post="189669"][/post]​

What about the $700 Million in non-labor costs that Siegel and the rest of US' management has been touting but not enacted?

US labor costs were expected to be 4.2 cents per mile upon emergence from bankruptcy, they are actually 4.1 cents and according to ECLAT US' non-labor costs have been rising.

Things that make you go Hmmmm.

You know, the comparison between CO and US is flawed.

When GB arrived at CO they were at their lowest point,
planes were unkept, dirty, different paint jobs.

US, the planes for the most part are nice, clean and presentable.

CO employees were paid nothing so there was no need to "take"
from them. So when things did get better, even a token raise was
viewed positive.

US, already paid at the top of the industry so the only direction to
go is down (in terms of pay).

Moral is easy when you start with nothing, but how do you build
moral in a company when the only direction pay/benefits can go
is down so that we make the pay/benefits of the LCC?

I just think it's a lousy comparision.

:unsure:

RowUnderDCA said:
and

CLT and PHL aren't

IAH and EWR
[post="189724"][/post]​

For example, each worker received a $65 bonus every month the federal government placed the airline among the top five carriers in on-time performance. The company changed work schedules and maintenance routines to help employees meet this goal.

"Bethune went out of his way to try to cultivate employee trust and loyalty, and it succeeded quite well in the face of a fair amount of retrenchment," airline analyst Lauer said.

AND....USAir continues to use fear as the prime motivator in the workplace. That is their choice. It is my choice (and thousands of others) not to trust them.
Sorry.

Latest posts