Why Do All Of The Furloughs Seem To Be Twa Staff?

Jul 13, 2003
Is this just a coincidence? Is this a conspiracy to rid AA of all former TWA employees?

The truth is out there. :unsure:

AAplanesareold said:
Is this just a coincidence? Is this a conspiracy to rid AA of all former TWA employees?

The truth is out there. :unsure:
You again?

Last hired, first fired. That's the way the world usually works.

Its called SENIORITY! The TWA flight attendants received a date of hire of 4-10-03 at AA. So, when AA furloughs it starts with the most junior in the system and then they work backwards. TWA people are not the only ones on furlough. Thousands of nAAtives as you folks call them are on furlough too. Think positive and all of the furloughs will be back to work.

It seems someone is bored and is trying to stir the pot with an old subject!

This is how seniority works: First in and last out!

wrx said:
This is how seniority works: First in and last out!
Right. :rolleyes:

That is why all the former TWA flight attendants, even those with as many as forty nine years seniority are on the street while nAAtives with as little as three years on the line are still active.

The battle is not going to be won on these boards. It may be a few years, but the courts will have the final say in the matter.

In defending their actions, some AAers first said, "you got your seniority in STL." Then it was, "at least you got a job." Then it was, "you had two good years." Now it is, "First in, last out." So the rationalizations have changed over time. As records are being kept of these "reasons" for the actions and rationalizations of some AAers, it will make good information for the TWAers court cases, that is, the hostility will be noted and the changing arguments over time will provide evidence that APFA had no persuasive long lasting arguments for what they did. In the age discrimination case, the hostility of some AAers can be help make the case that women over 40 were placed in a hostile work environment and subject to age discrimination. The courts will decide. The more hostile you are, the more helpful it will be.

L1011Ret said:
In defending their actions, some AAers first said, "you got your seniority in STL." Then it was, "at least you got a job." Then it was, "you had two good years." Now it is, "First in, last out." So the rationalizations have changed over time. As records are being kept of these "reasons" for the actions and rationalizations of some AAers, it will make good information for the TWAers court cases, that is, the hostility will be noted and the changing arguments over time will provide evidence that APFA had no persuasive long lasting arguments for what they did. In the age discrimination case, the hostility of some AAers can be help make the case that women over 40 were placed in a hostile work environment and subject to age discrimination. The courts will decide. The more hostile you are, the more helpful it will be.
Remember this is a On-line Forum. Some people who post here don't even work for AA or former TWA. They just get into the topic and start blabbing at the mouth. The stuff that is said on these BB's will not help in court.

wrx Posted on Oct 1 2003, 02:33 AM

Remember this is a On-line Forum. Some people who post here don't even work for AA or former TWA. They just get into the topic and start blabbing at the mouth. The stuff that is said on these BB's will not help in court.

Errr Wrx? Ummm, that was you and me blabbing at the mouth over on the Southwest board, wasn't it? :oops: We can't have it both ways you know. :p

FWAAA said:
Last hired, first fired. That's the way the world usually works.
Thanks for the explanation of how "the world works."

Now could you please explain how unions work?

How sworn testimony before Congress works?

How "fair and equitable" integration works?

How Allegheny-Mohawk works?

How hiring foreign nationals and people off the street when there are thousands on furlough works?

:(

We have at least 10 TWA folks working in Crew Sked that I can think of off the top of my head. Man, seem like the unions really screwed you guys. Got to love unions huh.

We just got rid of the folks in Crew Skd who everyone knew had to go. The ones who were not productive. The ones who were always on the sick list (cough cough) when they were not sick. The ones who were late all the time. the ones who should have been fired. Guess the APFA would rather have slackers working on the line and fire some very capable and talented FA's.

Someone, explain to me why you are paying to be screwed over again? I have been with AA for close to 20 years (never been in a union thank god) and I seem to have been screwed over less by AA than you guys and I don’t have to pay for the pleasure. Bizzar.

airlineman said:
Maybe that was the whole idea behind the purchase.
Buy TWA to save American employee's jobs? You must be joking. AMR wouldn't spend a penny to save ANYONE'S job, let alone spend the amount of money they did for TWA.