Why does management refuse to address non-productivity?

RUM@AA

Advanced
Oct 12, 2002
204
0
Why wouldn''t the company expect you to work for 8 hours? Why are we allowed to take extended breaks and lunches? Why are we not required to produce? Supervisors say their managers won''t let them address the problem. Managers blame Directors and so on. I would gladly give up 15 min. on each of my 30 min. breaks to get back my vacation and holidays?
What say you?
 
They are not willing to do the job. That is why SWA will always make money and be a stronger carrier. They do utilize their employees and equipment to the highest level. Our crews and planes are done so haphazard to make me wonder if anyone with a brain is actually working at scheduling crews and planes for maximum utilization and profitability.
 
RUM@AA What Dept do you work in? Seriously, we have ramp guys working 7.5 trips a day. That is tight. Oh by the way it was 101 in DFW yesterday and expected to hit 100 degrees today. In my area I have no releif for any breaks. For my lunch, again no relif, I just have to walk off and leave the area unattended. I can''t be held responsible if something goes astray during my [timed 30 min] lunch period. You notice I said "period" and not hour. We are so short of help and they are cutting more. What''s a person to think... "If they don''t care why should I" is quite often heard around here.
 
Much to the protest of many here at JFK, the upcoming Fleet Service bid will allow for the management to slot in people into different areas with the excuse that people have bumped into the station due to RIF. I guess the logic is that each crew would have at least one good employee that would carry the other two. This breaking up of the ''click '' crews is a first step in productivity gains, at least from a Fleet Service view.
 
Whether they are aware of it or not, our leaders lead by example. Many of our leaders are not even here for a full shift, let alone attending to business.
 
----------------
On 5/31/2003 11:05:14 AM AAquila wrote:

Much to the protest of many here at JFK, the upcoming Fleet Service bid will allow for the management to slot in people into different areas with the excuse that people have bumped into the station due to RIF. I guess the logic is that each crew would have at least one good employee that would carry the other two. This breaking up of the ''click '' crews is a first step in productivity gains, at least from a Fleet Service view.

----------------​


AAquila, Can you please elaborate a little more as to how "they" are able to break up these "so called click crews"?

For example, if a crew is turning a 777 on gate "x", do you mean that they are going to pull a guy of the trip, to go work another trip 5 gates away ??

Thanx,
NH/BB''s
 
  • Thread Starter
  • Thread starter
  • #7
----------------
On 5/31/2003 9:10:21 AM DFWCC wrote:

RUM@AA What Dept do you work in? Seriously, we have ramp guys working 7.5 trips a day. That is tight.
----------------​

Obviously the line is different than Tulsa. I refer to Tulsa, particularly TEO. Aircraft Overhaul doesn''t seem quite as bad but Turbine Engine Overhaul is just shy of a friggin'' country club.
 
Well here''s another good one. About 40 bags missed an MCI flight. With no lunch releif sfter 6 hrs a bagroom clerk walked of the job to get his lunch. With no coverage and a gate change, when he came back @40 bags were there waiting to be loaded and the plane left the gate. These guys in the bagroom are told to make your own .5hr lunch period. It gets tough if you have 7 flights in 8hrs. Yea I know it seems less than 1 an hour but most flights are going out with 2 or 3 carts per flight. You may get bags for a flight 2 or 3 hrs out. Bags that don''t belong on your peir. Then you have to get the bags to the gate even if the gate changes terminals and when you get back you have bags waiting. It only slows down the last hour of the night. We used to have a paid lunch to gie as an incentive to work through and get the flight out. Like a lot of FSCs say "IF they don''t care why should I". Not the best attitude a paid lunch would have saved AA about $1200. Go figure?
 
DFWCC,
We have the same attitude at MCI. They are cutting back to only 17 FT and 40 PT FSC''s. With 26 flights a day, we have to be one of the most understaffed stations in the system. Moral has gone from bad to worse. Graffitti is popping up everywhere that says "F T P". That stands for "F*CK THIS PLACE. While I don''t agree with graffitti, I wholeheartedly agree with it''s message. Management doesn''t care about it''s employees, why should we care about our customers?
If anyone knows of a station in the system staffed less than MCI, please let me know.
 
----------------
On 6/2/2003 12:21:32 AM DFWCC wrote:

Well here''s another good one. About 40 bags missed an MCI flight. With no lunch releif sfter 6 hrs a bagroom clerk walked of the job to get his lunch. With no coverage and a gate change, when he came back @40 bags were there waiting to be loaded and the plane left the gate. These guys in the bagroom are told to make your own .5hr lunch period. It gets tough if you have 7 flights in 8hrs. Yea I know it seems less than 1 an hour but most flights are going out with 2 or 3 carts per flight. You may get bags for a flight 2 or 3 hrs out. Bags that don''t belong on your peir. Then you have to get the bags to the gate even if the gate changes terminals and when you get back you have bags waiting. It only slows down the last hour of the night. We used to have a paid lunch to gie as an incentive to work through and get the flight out. Like a lot of FSCs say "IF they don''t care why should I". Not the best attitude a paid lunch would have saved AA about $1200. Go figure?

----------------​


DFCCC;
Overtime (in a large, non-hub, new england city)has come, is coming, and will ALWAYS come, "in all sizes" S-M-L-XL.
(mostly "L"), so come on up, you''d never even know you took a pay cut, when you get your check, EVERY WEEK !!!

(I wonder if Arpey knows about "this" ??)

"Only in America(n)"

NH/BB''s
 

Latest posts

Back
Top