Why Don't The Angry People Leave?

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
www.usaviation.com
For those who say the concession stand is closed, burn the place down to the ground, or full pay until the last day, why don't you show some courage and leave the company? I bet you do not have the courage to quit!

If US Airways is so miserable then leave. Why be miserable?

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

Aero:

No it's not. If people are so miserable then thye should leave the company and go find something more enjoyable.

What's invalid about that?

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

Walmartgreeter:

I am not angry and I enjoy my job. Nor do I #### and moan like so many disgruntled people who participate on message boards.

My point is simple: If people are so miserable in a customer service oriented business than I believe it's in everybody's best interest they move on.

Why stay in an enviroment if you're unhappy? It's not healthy.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

Perhaps there are some folks who enjoy working with their colleagues and/or have the conviction to try to better their profession?

I'm not a big fan of unionism, but I do understand it.

Of course, you can take this logic a bit further: why have unions? If you don't like the job, you can always leave, right?

Think about that last point and how it applies.

Had the pilots of EAL and NWA in the 50's and 60's acted as you request, there woud be no 320 pilot in the left seat. Your life's work is the result of those who were VERY unhappy and had the fortitude to stay and change their working conditions. All you want to do is live another day and be happy with half of what you had. Quit asking the actual "workers" to leave. Greeter.

I read greeter as saying that the contracts that gave pilots like you & I the careers we've enjoyed were negotiated by pilots who were occasionally willing to draw a line in the sand. Otherwise, someone like Lorenzo would have pretty much guaranteed that today's express contracts would be the industry norm.

Jim

Hey I'm new to USAVIATION but I've been around with the company for 20 years and in the industy for 24 years. I pay close attention to the comings and goings of different airlines, It's a hobby. There is one thing that is still amazing to me. That everyone still comes to work, does their job as best they can. We are all still professionals and we still do our jobs. We have not scared away passengers yet, and I hope we don't. We have a great group of employees even with all the bitching that goes on. We still get everything done. For some reason MANAGEMENT DOSEN'T SEE IT OR JUST DON'T CARE. I can't figure it out but then again I work for USAirways. I guess I just don't see THE BIG PICTURE. Thanks.

MR AIRPORT said:
HEY I'M NEW TO USAVIATION BUT 'IVE BEEN AROUND WITH THE COMPANY FOR 20 YEARS AND IN THE INDUSTRY FOR 24 YEARS. I PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO THE COMINGS AND GOINGS OF DIFFERENT AIRLINES, IT'S A HOBBY. THERE IS ONE THING THAT IS STILL AMAZING TO ME. THAT'S EVERYONE STILL COMES TO WORK DOES THERE JOB AS BEST THEY CAN. WE ARE ALL STILL PROFESSIONALS AND WE STILL DO OUR JOBS. WE HAVE NOT SCARED AWAY PASSENGERS YET,AND I HOPE WE DON'T. WE HAVE A GREAT GROUP OF EMPLOYEES, EVEN WITH ALL THE BITCHING THAT GOES ON. WE STILL GET EVERYTHING DONE. FOR SOME REASON MANAGEMENT DOSEN'T SEE IT OR JUST DON'T CARE. I CAN'T FIGURE IT OUT BUT THEN AGAIN I WORK FOR AN AIRLINE. I GUESS I JUST DON'T SEE THE BIG PICTURE. THANKS.
THIS IS CALLED SHOUTING...this isn't ,welcome to usaviation.... ;)

Your right, morale does suck and we need someone that gives a crap about the people on the front line and clean out the slack asses that don't do anything in management. As always too many Chiefs and not enough Indians. I guess I'm not drinking enough with my rose colored glasses.