Why Stay? Read Post From Past U Employees

Sep 9, 2002
www.usaviation.com
I guess I have been away from the brainwashed many at U long enough to see clearly. I left U (International Res) on vol furlough 2 years ago. I had 23 years at U. I am in my last semester of school with a part time job starting Mon. while I complete my medical degree. I will start out making (as a student no less), about what U is wanting to pay topped out Res agents.
What I read here on a daily basis is read with dismay that so many talented and professional peers have endured so much and intend to endure even more. I would never in a million years do Res for less than $18.00 an hour and would not even like that! I know that Res is considered the red headed stepchild by management, while Res is the 1st customer contact and the real reason we still have loyal customers. Unfortunately I do not see U surviving. I honestly do not see how they can. Why are you still here? Why do you suffer NOW after 2 years of bankruptcy BS? You do have a choice. Make personal changes and be happy. I have not talked to even one former U employee that has left that has regretted it. Apathy will get you nowhere. Wake up and stop listening to all the stupid BS at work and on this website. Your future is your own. Take charge of it and quit complaining. Don't let others control your life anymore. GOOD GRIEF!

Callgirlcindie- First, I would like to wish you good luck in your new career. Just want to say that reading your post, I got a little chuckle out of it. How things have changed. I can remember many, and I mean many years ago, I heard that expression "redheaded stepchild". At that time, the Maint. dept. was considered the "redheaded stepchild". because they could never bring in any revenue. They just spent $$. Res., Cust.serv., and F/A's were considered the "great ones" because they delt with the public and could bring in revenue. My, how things have changed. Nobody is sacred anymore. Glad I am out of it, and again wish you luck.

PITbull said:
I agree...

Just as soon as we all take that vote! B)
[post="189591"][/post]​

A lot of people feel this way. They have slowly sucked the life from it's work force since the early 90s and now it's the workers turn to suck the life from Usairways if need be. It's too late in the game to just walk away without a fight. We either come to a reasonable solution, or we all go down. So far the company isn't being reasonable.

I agree, stay until the end and suck every last cent that you can from this outfit!!
Most have other job opportunities that they have been following up on for the past year or so. This Management would just Love for everyone to get up and leave for another job. It would make it easier for them to bring in the $7 an hour H.S. kids who are thrilled to be working for an Airline. We have dealt with it for so long already, what is a few more months.

wings396 said:
I agree, stay until the end and suck every last cent that you can from this outfit!!
Most have other job opportunities that they have been following up on for the past year or so. This Management would just Love for everyone to get up and leave for another job. It would make it easier for them to bring in the $7 an hour H.S. kids who are thrilled to be working for an Airline. We have dealt with it for so long already, what is a few more months.
[post="189642"][/post]​

.....a few more months means hundreds, if not thousands of employees with virtually your identical qualifications hitting the job market simultaneously. All this will do is increase competition for a job of interest. Good luck to all at US Airways!

Yes, but just in case the new job doesn't materialize instantly, there is unemployment insurance if you stay until the end. If you quit, you are not eligible for benefits in most states.

I think most of us have thought out our options regarding future career choices. I have my future planned after the demise of USair. After 25 years here, of which the last 16 years of nothing but aggrivation and give, give, give, from management, I now REFUSE to break my back and pimp my self worth and financial well being, just so those in CCY can carry out the cash thru the back door when they leave. Im staying till the last day. I worked one of the last PSA flights out of California in 1988 and saw the first USAir flight depart the next day. Now Im ready to see the last flight leave the gate again for good.

I'll drink a beer to that........ cut the lights out, close the doors and it' not Elvis leaving the building!

I wish you the best Callgirl. I just came back to work after being out for 2 and a half years on vol furlough, I know, I'm crazy. I thought this buy-out thing was going to happen for the agents---had to make my decision 2 months ago and it looked as if something was going to be offered. NOT! Now after being back only 5 days, the whole thing just makes me so sad. We have so many great people working , it really is heart-breaking to think that the airline could tank and lots of families in jeopardy. But so far, I think the employees have risen to the occasion, they keep on working and doing a great job in spite of the mess that this company has gotten us into. Lots of people are leaving that I never thought would and are going onto other things without waiting for any kind of incentive to leave. It's a whole different place now. I'm going to see what happens in the next month or so and then move on, I don't see anything good coming from this and I certainly don't see the company offering CWA anything for those folks that would like to leave.

PitBull:

PitBull said: "Just as soon as we all take that vote!"

USA320Pilot asks: With all due respect, how do you vote on "imposition", either S.1113(e) interim or S.1113© permanent relief, with the court preventing "self help"?

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
PitBull:

PitBull said: "Just as soon as we all take that vote!"

USA320Pilot asks: With all due respect, how do you vote on "imposition", either S.1113(e) interim or S.1113© permanent relief, with the court preventing "self help"?

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
[post="189969"][/post]​

Because you don't know that the court will prevent self-help. In fact, you don't even know that the court can prevent self-help.

Nobody does, because the law has never been tested. I'm wondering why you keep implying that it can or will happen.

Because ALPA legal said it can happen and given the courts track record probably will happen, if required.

23% could become permanent, which is too bad because it could have been less.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

That is the funniest thing I have read.

Just like ALPA legal told you to vote for round two to save your pension.

Your killing me, keep posting, that is the best laugh I have had all day!

And please provide with the court track record on 1113e, see there is very little.