Why?surviving Carrier Empl Suffer

mwa

Advanced
Aug 20, 2002
Aside from the comments of those with an entitlement mentality - why should the employees of AWA suffer negative effects from a merger with a company that is certain to be liquidated w/o AWA's help?
It seems to me that the AAA emplyees should be grateful to have an opportunity to keep working. I am aghast that some feel they should have any say at all in this.
If you allow this you are supporting an archaic system that is allowing labor unions a chance to filch your careers.

Savior employees? What the heck is that? AWA IS NOT the SAVIOUR here! It's all the outside Investors that are the SAVIOUR here! AWA was sure to fall off the face of the earth soon too! We are all LUCKY that this plan came together when and how it did in light of recent current events! SAVIOUR Airline......please, educate yourself before you speak! :down:

you may be right as far as the future - but those investors were not jumping up and down to help AAA w/o AWA.

mwa said:
Aside from the comments of those with an entitlement mentality - why should the employees of AWA suffer negative effects from a merger with a company that is certain to be liquidated w/o AWA's help?
It seems to me that the AAA emplyees should be grateful to have an opportunity to keep working. I am aghast that some feel they should have any say at all in this.
If you allow this you are supporting an archaic system that is allowing labor unions a chance to filch your careers.
[post="299441"][/post]​

Exactly. Why should the AWA employees be so afraid of the merger? It is sicking to read some of the comments by US Air people. Us Air is not the surviving company, only the name. Sort of like TWA and American. American was the surviving company.

Better yet, FED EX and Flying Tigers. Fed Ex being the younger of the two merged companies, yet the Flying Tiger folks did not get DOH like so many of the US people are screaming about. Seniority integration there was a dove tail.

What is AAA? The US name was kept only because they had a larger route structure than AWA did. They had already established their name Globally.

(agreeing w/ac mechanic)

this is how it appears to me - maybe I should be "educated" - I will keep an open mind.

Fear of the unknown can start battles. The US employees have been through several mergers already....that may be why they seem to be more vocal about all of this. It's not an entitlement thing here, it's about moving forward not backward. AWA employees have never dealt with mergers before...that's understood.....but all that's trying to be done here is to create fairness for everybody...giving all employees (AWA & US) the oppurtunity to come to the table with what is rightfully theirs! That's all.

AAA veterans so they are entitled?
Look how many carriers have been gobbled up only to go down in destruction.
I would be very wary of trusting experience with these results. Another downturm is likely, it will cost AWA people their jobs.

mwa said:
[post="299441"][/post]​

MUST STIR POT!!!

Definately one of the most uneducated posts I have read in a long time. Yawn......Enough of the post stirring.

700UW said:
Dove tail is DOH!
[post="299468"][/post]​

Ah no, dovetail is not DOH.. DOH is DOH.. So if 10 guy got hired on 10/10/87
6 of them US and 4 AWA they would all have the same seniority within 10 numbers.. If you dovetail it would be a one for one with two of the original US people falling behind the AWA people..

Dont misunderstand.. Dovetail is what it is. DOH is what it is.. They are not the same thing.

Did't Flying Tigers and Fed Ex have a percentage dovetail?

Sort of the same history. Flying Tigers was a much older company that I think Wolf to over to get it ready to sell and Fed Ex was a much younger company but the surviving company. Like it or not US would have would be gone or would soon to be gone without the investors AND AWA OR ANOTHER AIRLINE.

With the percentage dovetail ones seniorithy is still used but you still keep your job.

This is the only fair way for all employee grourps.

If the US people still want fences fine but the TWA people know what AA did with those sort of like the Berlin wall.

Don't believe me about the history of Fed EX and FTL look it up on the internet.

Whatnow? said:
Savior employees? What the heck is that? AWA IS NOT the SAVIOUR here! It's all the outside Investors that are the SAVIOUR here! AWA was sure to fall off the face of the earth soon too!
[post="299445"][/post]​

WRONG! If it weren't for Doug Parker and our management team convincing the investors, US would be liquidated by now and SWA would have gobbled you up! AWA and the investors are the saviour, so don't be ungrateful!