Why This F/a Supports The Iam

mlt

Senior
Dec 2, 2002
www.usaviation.com
When our new management team rolled into town spouting their "Labor Friendly" rhetoric most of us were gullible and wanted to believe we would survive and thrive together. However, none of us knew at the time a key member of the team was none other than the infamous Chief Union Buster, Jerry Glass. On his website he brags that he will investigate unions and outsource work. In fact he is so proud of his history that he writes "When they roar, we pounce!" I believe he is pouncing on the IAM first with the rest of us not far behind. I appreciate the IAM members anger and discontent. But in all honesty, which labor group has fared better? I also believe if you rally around your leaders and show your collective strength you might be the first labor group to blemish his record. Anyone who casts a vote to oust their union, at this time, is in essence casting a vote for Jerry Glass. :down:

In solidarity,

Well mlt, very well said and rings true.

We as f/as support IAM in the most egregious violation of their contract: Scope. As egregious as pilots termination of their pensions by this management. As egregious as the outsourcing of CWA's work to express and replacing humans with kiosks machines. As egregious as the constant furloughing of our f/as, displacements, and the fate of flowing to Mid Atlantic with poverty wages. As egregious as neglect of our valued customers given less customer care because of a profound downsizing of employee ranks.

For all of labor, we must stand UNITED FOREVER TOGETHER against employee abuse by management. This should be the ONLY focus.

This is not a time to point fingers at each other or at union leaders. Regardless of the threats, we ratified these agreements by our individual votes. You and I had as much insight into what would ensue as many leaders. It took us collectively more time to see the true intentions of this management and our fates. It is time for us to point our collective fingers at management and say STOP! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

"UNITED WE FOREVER STAND" as employees of this great airline that WE BUILT.

Could not have said it better myself, maybe ALPA needs to take some lessons from the AFA, I remember in 1992 the AFA giving us full support, walking the lines with us, bringing us food and having the company take them to court, to get them back to work.

The AFA has 100% of my support.

PIT, your union the AFA Is not faced with the AMFA threat like we are and now the ramp is being threatened with the AGW.

Until the members can learn to stop fighting with each other, no group will ever be succesful on taking the company on.

LavMan said:
Could not have said it better myself, maybe ALPA needs to take some lessons from the AFA, I remember in 1992 the AFA giving us full support, walking the lines with us, bringing us food and having the company take them to court, to get them back to work.

The AFA has 100% of my support.
I agree BUT it is more than support for AFA is about the ENTIRE union force standing together and not being divided by dreams of another union saving the day like so many disillusioned IAM members feel. What is happening with the IAM is playing right into the hands of Mr. Glass's plans to divide and conquer. This AMFA thing is perfect timing. Mr. Glass's dream come true because it will only make his job easier. I just hope most folks can see what is really going on and not be blinded by anger and frustration only to find out too late the grass is not greener, but is burnt to a crisp.

Cav,

You are so exact! AFA is looking at "affiliation" to survive. We said back in August that this was a union busting drive. Look at AFA....we are not in good financial shape, and IAM is being targeted as well. This is the "master plan".

This flight attendant supports the other unions on the property too. We must stop this infighting and FOCUS.

My dream would be for at least the next few years, all the unions stick together. CWA has been horribly maimed. We all have. We have given and given and it's still not enough. This company has all the "tools" it claimed to need to survive. We gave them on a silver platter with barely a squeak. And now, Dave is claiming the unions are the problem U can't/isn't suceeding. Perhaps a few more millions for incentive bonuses for the bright and talented team is needed.

When you see me out there, working hard doing what I can with the limited tools I have, notice I am wearing a green ribbon under my union pin. That's my code for all my union brothers and sisters to know I stand with them. If you agree, regardless of your union, its leadership and are tired of being kicked....show me by sporting a green ribbon too. We must stand as one!

This farce has gone on long enough. A union isn't the leadership. It's the people in it. Say
Enough, already! Wear the Green! Let's support one another.

'cept ALPA cause they don't need us. :D

Dea

The only AMFA threat is to the unskilled workers represented by the IAM.No longer will they benefit from riding on the backs of the skilled.And Lav don't tell me that you and the mechanics do similar work.After 25 years I know the responsibilities of signing for an aircrafts airworthiness as opposed to which color spray bottle do you use on food trays.

The only AMFA threat is to the unskilled workers represented by the IAM.No longer will they benefit from riding on the backs of the skilled.

I think unskilled as you put it, go along for the ride to AMFA

Just shows their ignorance
At UAL and NWA which both are represented by amfa the class and craft is Mechanic and Cleaners.

There will be a show of stregth against the robber barrons this week, just sit back and watch :up: