Wife's dying wish for husband's new family touches hometown

xUT

Veteran
Dec 28, 2009
SanFranFreako, KommieFornia
Wife's dying wish for husband's new family touches hometown

On Thursday, radio host Colleen Kelly read Brenda's letter to David.
"My reason for writing is this. I have a wish. I have a wish for David, the boys, and the woman and her family if she has kids also. I want them to know I love them very much," Brenda wrote in the letter. She added that she wants them to "always feel safe in a world of pain."
Brenda had three wishes: a massage for David's fiancée; a magical trip for the whole family to create lifelong memories; and recognition for the team of doctors and nurses who took care of her at Mercy Medical Center.

Stellar Lady!

Reactions: 2 people
The rainbow
When Jayne and David began dating, she asked David the story behind a rainbow photograph in his youngest son Max's room.
"Brenda and Max's song was 'Over The Rainbow.' They sang it together all the time. The day Brenda died, she passed away at 7:07 a.m. We hadn't had rain for five weeks straight -- and out of the blue, a double rainbow, as bright as can be, stretched across the sky for miles. The local meteorologist said the rainbow was an anomaly since we hadn't had any rain. I knew it was Brenda." David recounts.

"After I told her the story, Jayne looked through her phone and showed me a picture of the same double rainbow." David knew then Jayne was the one, and that Brenda approved.
Jayne's voice cracks when asked what her first thoughts were of Brenda's letter. What meant the most to her, she says, was Brenda's saying "she loved me."

Reactions: 2 people
Mrs tree showed me this story. Real tear jerker.

She mentioned another story of a young girl with terminal cancer (I think) who has only a short time left. One of her dreams was to hear Christmas carols. Word got out and a I recall the story anout 1, 000 people showed up out side her house to grant her wish.

There are some exceptional people out there.

Latest posts