WiFi installation status?

PHL

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
Is there still just one 321 flying with WiFi, or have others been configured? Can anyone provide tail numbers of those (or the one) that are done?

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it, but I noticed that a/c 510 is flying with two new antennas. Here's a pic of one of them.

2010_02_28_20.41.10.jpg

Would also be nice if PHL put free wi-fi in their terminals. We do have a big operation that would warrant it!!! CO can't even get that right!

USAirways doesn't own the terminals. The city does. And the city has the contract with the Wifi provider. If US wants to give passengers free WiFi, they would have to work out a deal with the city to subsidize it. Waste of money, IMO.

The club guests get it free, which covers the most frequent travelers.

The Philly airport did have free wireless a few years ago. If the story is true I heard that the store "Laptop Lane" threw a fit because the free wireless was keeping customers away. So the entire airports passengers suffered because of that one store or business center? I used the free wireless all the time when the airport has it. Now it's only free on the weekends or to college students. It would be nice to have free wireless but don't expect it soon.

The topic here was which US Airways A321s have wifi? Or was it weather or not the thugs on tugs could get access to free wifi in the PHL terminal...

Look, by the time US installs WiFi on their entire fleet most of us will be retired or working moon trips. Ok?