Will AA's new F/B Class duvets be enough ?

Barfbag

Veteran
Oct 30, 2006
AA's new duvet service started at JFK recently, and already we're off to a poor start. This is mostly due to the fact that the local management refuses to dedicate staffing specifically for this new service. Just adding more work to crews that already have to do security checks, cleaning, by adding duvets to F/C and B/C doesn't help the situation. Just for starters, Inflight continues to board during cleaning, and dropping their dirty wheelies ( bags ) on top of freshly linened pillows. If we are to remain competitive, here's what we're up against......... Duvets may not be enough.

Delta is transforming coast-to-coast travel by offering customers a front row seat to great entertainment with movies, live television, music and games - all available on demand at every seat. Delta is the first and only U.S. carrier to offer this entertainment experience on a two-class, domestic product to all passengers on select Delta flights over four hours (or more than 1,750 miles), including those from Atlanta's Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport and New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport to destinations including Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Salt Lake City, San Francisco, Seattle and more. Next year, Delta will begin providing iPod toting travelers the ability to listen to their complete music library, view their video content and keep their iPods charged via its state-of-the-art in-flight entertainment system.

This year, Delta also began updating its international BusinessElite class with a similar, industry-leading entertainment system on its current fleet of 75 aircraft flying international routes. And, beginning in 2008, Delta plans to be the first U.S. airline to offer its international business class customers a true lie-flat seat in its BusinessElite^ cabin on ultra long-haul flights to Africa, Asia, and the Middle East.

<_< ---- Here at MCI we're converting to the new business class seating. But still it's "old" technology! VHS to DVD! I know they don't want to spend the extra money, but now that we're doing it anyway, :unsure: "HD" would be nice! And aa wants the new seats yesterday on all their 767-300's, but really hasn't committed to do the job properly! We've been short handed from day one! And parts and engineering have been a problem! Lack of a proper shop support, and tooling, also is a daily challenge!

<_< ---- Here at MCI we're converting to the new business class seating. But still it's "old" technology! VHS to DVD! I know they don't want to spend the extra money, but now that we're doing it anyway, :unsure: "HD" would be nice! And aa wants the new seats yesterday on all their 767-300's, but really hasn't committed to do the job properly! We've been short handed from day one! And parts and engineering have been a problem! Lack of a proper shop support, and tooling, also is a daily challenge!

You will soon learn this is the norm at AA.

If there isn't a crisis, then there is nothing to manage. Thus we live in crisis mode everyday in Overhaul.

Crisis Management...

...AA Overhaul is King in that department.

<_< ---- Dog Gone! Here I thought it was an effort to get something done! But I believe it's getting to the point where they're starting to panic! At least locally! AFW to get our 767 heavy checks "temporarily"( right!) And they're working on a "Saab" in TUL, so there is speculation that they may go? So help is on it's way! ;) We've got it down to about twenty days per aircraft! That's with about 156 people. But now they're talking working on four aircraft at a time!---- Hey! We're good! But not that "Good"!

AA's new duvet service started at JFK recently, and already we're off to a poor start. This is mostly due to the fact that the local management refuses to dedicate staffing specifically for this new service. Just adding more work to crews that already have to do security checks, cleaning, by adding duvets to F/C and B/C doesn't help the situation. Just for starters, Inflight continues to board during cleaning, and dropping their dirty wheelies ( bags ) on top of freshly linened pillows. If we are to remain competitive, here's what we're up against......... Duvets may not be enough.
It must really be awful for you guys. Having to have coworkers trying to do there job.

I got a first hand view today of the hard working cabin pro's. Amazing and they managed to finish cleaning almost 35 mins before departure. They must have been so swamped, Saw fewer than usual number of clerks in the terminal doing nothing today. That poor plane had to wait in line almost 8 hours to be cleaned.

Doesnt it just suck those flight attendants have to come on the plane and be ready to do there job after you finish yours. Cannot believe they have the nerve to stand on the plane and not wait in the subzero cold of the jet bridge and wait for you guys to finish. Here is a fun fact for you. The average time between cabin finishing cleaning and the agent wanting to or just starting to board customers is about 30 seconds. Freezing cold sweltering heat and waiting to board are just a few of the reasons they need to be ready.

Really, cant compete with delta? new lie flat seats in business, new menu options, New pillows and duvets, How do we compete with Delta.
delta business class Easy we have a better business seat, aa business classbetter menu, better amenities, and some of the best flight attendants. If that isn't enough you can move up in to even a higher cabin with more personal attention, privacy and space, called first class. AA first class

Just like delta we have on demand television and movies along with video games music videos and audio.

Inflight continues to board during cleaning, and dropping their dirty wheelies ( bags ) on top of freshly linened pillows.

I have always wondered how FAs continue to get away with filling up a major part of the FC overhead bins with their luggage. On a smaller plane like a MD80, only the first few FC passengers can use the overhead bins. I see this whenever I am on a plane at the last minute, and every time I fly.

I have always wondered how FAs continue to get away with filling up a major part of the FC overhead bins with their luggage. On a smaller plane like a MD80, only the first few FC passengers can use the overhead bins. I see this whenever I am on a plane at the last minute, and every time I fly.
Two FA's working up there and two pilots. There is not enough room in the cockpit and closet for all that. Its a problem on the 737 as well.

Two FA's working up there and two pilots. There is not enough room in the cockpit and closet for all that. Its a problem on the 737 as well.

The FAs working the back seem to use FC bins, too. I don't have an answer, but the passengers seem to suffer on this. We really don't want to irritate the FC passengers. As for coach, ah, who cares? :)

I flew to LHR this week, and the duvets were great, especially compared to the blankets that barely covered someone taller than 5'8".

Barfbag, don't know what your problem is at JFK, but on my flight out of ORD, everything was pre-bundled -- duvet, pillow, and amenity kit all wrapped in plastic and sitting in my seat. If I'm going to keep paying $8000+ for a ticket, you'd better make damn sure I'm not getting rollaboard tracks on my blanket.

As for DL... didn't you pick up on the fact that they're not updating their seats until 2008? Hell, they won't even be the same DL by then if Doug Parker gets his way.

Speaking of JFK/First class passengers, does Kennedy still use 2 jetbridge's(1 F/C...the other for everyone else) to board certain trips ??

If they don't, they should, on 777 flts. to places like LHR and NRT.

NH/BB's

PS,
One "pet peave" I have with AA's flight attendents, is when the F/C F/A does NOT pull the curtain closed to seperate the "class's", and KEEP the F/C lav, for F/C!!

For the ones that always do it, I salute you.

[quote name='FA Mikey' date='Dec 3
Just like delta we have on demand television and movies along with video games music videos and audio.
[/quote]

Mikey - poor old Mikey -- you are just not right my friend -- AA does not have the same system as DAL and Jblue --- and furthermore if it is a 767 that is revolving movies which every other airline has as well --- get a grip -- UAL has had lie flats for years -- and on 757 out of JFK a three class cabin wiht personal DVDs etc.. sounds like AA is trying to copy UAL's P.S. -- except "duvets" -- come on -- try wonderful menu items etc.. alot of people already offer this --- Get the facts straight please before posting --- oh and Mikey do you guys have XM on all your planes?? It seems to me that AA would want to update their 365 fleet of MD80s (super duper) with no entertainment whatsoever --- could you imagine a 4 hour flight on a super 80 with no entertainment - I guess its one extreme or the other..

Bear,

I think this is an FAA thing to not close the curtain. It seems every ariline does that now.

As for competing against Delta's product, keep in mind that Delta is able to use the advantages of bankruptcy to afford to do this. When the plan was initially developed and presented, mgmt at Delta wasn't able to approve a lot of what is being implemented today. Additionally, the majority of the product development at Delta was based on a plan that accepted that Delta isn't able to attract the same quality (revenue wise) passenger as AA or UA.

I have a feeling that AA is paying their debt down etc. to fortify the company long term. When the opportunity presents itself, I think AA would prefer internet access over what's out there today. Boeing exiting the internet aspect (Connection by Boeing) was a blow, but there will eventually be something that is cost effective.

Don't touch......please do your homework before spouting off wrong info. DVD'S are so yesterday. We have had those along with Bose headsets and are know moving to something better. Lie Flat seats, we have had those for years as well. It is called F/C. Ever heard of it? Probably not. 3-class 757's? Only if you can't compete with 3-class 767's.