Will USAIRWAYS ABIDE BY THEIR COMMITMENT TO NOT TRY TO CUT PAY OF THOSE MAKING UNDER $ 30,000? WE W

fr8tmastr

Senior
Aug 20, 2002
Just ask any WO employee how much stock to place into "Dave's" we wont bother anyone under 30 grand statement! We must have just misunderstood him.

U has said that it is not the lowest paid employees that they are concerned with in pay...That they will commit to not go after the lower paid employees....
We will see if they can keep to that statement..

----------------
On 8/30/2002 3:03:23 PM

Just ask any WO employee how much stock to place into "Dave's" we wont bother anyone under 30 grand statement! We must have just misunderstood him.
----------------
I heard Dave talk about liquidating the WOs because of the low level of support the company was receiving towards restructuring. I think that means he was talking about 100% paycuts for ALL WO workers, 30k or not!

Forgive me if I am wrong, but I thought the 30k limit was
limited for the Management area. I am IAM, and was displaced to part-time (80hrs to 55hrs per pay), and am now losing salary. I think i gave enough already. Darn shame I can't sell blood. [:(]

----------------
On 8/30/2002 11:53:08 PM

limited for the Management area. I am IAM, and was displaced to part-time (80hrs to 55hrs per pay), and am now losing salary. I think i gave enough already. Darn shame I can't sell blood. [:(]

----------------
[:p] But you can sell plasma...about $40.00 a pop, I think!

Well...If the theory is cut down even the lowest paid employees,.... that didn't seem to work with the airport screeners, who couldn't speak english, or didn't know that a box cutter was dangerous, or seemed to care...
If you have to pay alot more in health care premimums, less vacation pay, less sick pay and less regular pay, it is essentially a double pay cut....
A pilot making $239,000 a year should not pay the same for his health care premimum as a passenger agent making $20,000 before taxes...Lets be fair here folks....I haven't heard of EQUAL offering of 20 % stock ownership to CWA members mentioned yet?

To give an example..If a pilot makes $239,000 and
a passenger agent would make $20,000 and both get a 7 percent pay cut...
The passenger agent would lose $1,400 off of his $20,000 salary ...and the pilot would go from $239,000 to $222, 270.......

Hmmmm...Who do you think would suffer the most?
[:((]

----------------
On 8/30/2002 11:53:08 PM

----------------
Exactly.....FT to PT involuntarily...We ARE under $30K plus 5 wks less severance, less Ins. coverage no bumping rights, and now, smaller % contributed to our pension. Us PT's are soooooo 2nd class. Now we take another hit. It's really strange how we pay the same dues as FT's.

Here's another angle on the "we won't touch anybody under $30k."
What if you're in DAY,working at top of scale, and effective Nov, mainline is shut down. You elect to stay, and work for express or MDA. Will you make $30k working for them?

NOT!

Just calling it BS when I step in it!

----------------
[/quote]
I heard Dave talk about liquidating the WOs because of the low level of support the company was receiving towards restructuring. I think that means he was talking about 100% paycuts for ALL WO workers, 30k or not!
----------------
[/quote]
Low level of support from whom..the pilots ...everyone else does not have any choice they have to do what Crustal city tells them to do...The Unions at ALG is week for customer service and so is the union for PSA..PDT does not have a union so they have to be dealt whatever comes their way....

So the employees of the WO's does not have much choice but what is the fact is that Dave has set up the pilots as the scapegoat for when the WO are liquidated..