win win for U labor

here''s a novel idea for those that will be voting. vote YES, this will ensure you still have an income while looking for those OTHER jobs you say that are out there. you won''t have to go on unemployment and you won''t have to immediately take the FIRST lousy job that comes along.
secondly, for those that want to stay here, by voting YES you will stay in the industry you always wanted. Something to think about. happy holidays!

I read an interesting article that said more people buy lottery tickets when the economy is bad. That could explain why the lotteries seem to have high jackpots about now.

I agree we should all start looking for new jobs now. I've already gone to two Job Fairs and am having my resume updated by a professional.

Folks, we are not a bunch of idiots here with Mickey D's as our only back up. We just need to shift our focus from the airline jobs we love and be open to other things.

I know I'll miss my many friends; coworkers and passengers alike, I have bills to pay like everyone else and frankly can't take another paycut. Nor can I stand the disrespect management is showing to all of us who actually make this operation work.

That Dave would hire Jerry Glass is an insult to us all. That Ben Baldanza is allowed to insult our pax, the very folks who pay the bills around here, is unacceptable. Dr Bronner's comments about Chapter 7 to the media right before a major holiday was, in my opinion just flat out stupid. I wonder just how much that affected our bookings.

And now we have yet another crisis, yet another deadline over the pension plans. How did this happen? Why was it allowed? I believe I read somewhere on these boards US only has very few pilots under 40. We should expect a slew of retirements in the near future due to the age 60 rule and possibly some more due to medical reasons.

It's a shame this airline has to come to such a sorry state.

And while I'm ranting, what about the pensions of Wolf and Gangwal? Were they not granted something like 30 years seniority? Are they drawing pensions? I understand they have contracts, but so did we. Anyone know where we can find out about any payments continuing to their pockets?

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/25/2002 9:43:42 PM skyflyr69 wrote:

here's a novel idea for those that will be voting. vote YES, this will ensure you still have an income while looking for those OTHER jobs you say that are out there. you won't have to go on unemployment and you won't have to immediately take the FIRST lousy job that comes along.
secondly, for those that want to stay here, by voting YES you will stay in the industry you always wanted. Something to think about. happy holidays!
----------------
[/blockquote]
..... works for me ..[img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/4.gif']

Good question Dea. Why should we have our pensions reduced/threatened and W/G stil get theirs? Especially considering the wealth they left here with. Multi-millionares taking pension money for 5 or so years of work!!!

A320 Driver

I received my letter from "Dave" today explaining that the pilots pension was still up in the air but the IAM and AFA pension is only at risk with a "no" vote. I was a "yes" voter until this letter arrived, but after this blackmail tactic I have changed to a big "NO".

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/26/2002 7:14:20 AM A320 Driver wrote:

Good question Dea. Why should we have our pensions reduced/threatened and W/G stil get theirs? Especially considering the wealth they left here with. Multi-millionares taking pension money for 5 or so years of work!!!

A320 Driver
----------------
[/blockquote]
Isn't there some way of suing them to get THEIR pensions terminated? They are a big part of why we're in the position we're in. The past CEO's weren't great, but they were the "pits".

received my letter from "Dave" today explaining that the pilots pension was still up in the air but the IAM and AFA pension is only at risk with a "no" vote. I was a "yes" voter until this letter arrived, but after this blackmail tactic I have changed to a big "NO".
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have stated and can indeed understand the no voters attitude with all that's going on. But, if that letter switched you from yes to no, please explain to us all how Dave went wrong in his wording? How would you have worded such a letter? How would you handle the hard cold facts while being politically correct "guarding delicate feelings" at the same time? Or would you rather he say nothing and just close the doors to save some feelings?

Cavalier, licensed p and a canic fixin one are plane at a time

BTW, I will vote YES even though it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. But as others have pointed out, it's better to have a job while looking for another. It will give you a little more latitude to be choosey and the time to find a job worthy of your talents.

It will also keep you from having regrets. The longer you stay, the more assured you'll be that leaving is the best thing for you. Plus, it will be sweet when management cannot lay the blame on labor for their failures. It will fall square on their shoulders. Jerry Glass and Fordharrison will learn they can't solve labor relation problems with their sleazy techniques. Who knows? They may actually learn that teamwork is what works, not browbeating the employees. We can sit back and watch the finger-pointing and attempts to shift responsibility from one executive to another. That alone is enough for me.

I never knew I could get to the point I'd have feelings like this. It's so sad!

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/26/2002 6:57:39 PM welsh44 wrote:

[blockquote]

----------------

On 12/26/2002 7:14:20 AM A320 Driver wrote:

A320 Driver

----------------

[/blockquote]

Isn't there some way of suing them to get THEIR pensions terminated? They are a big part of why we're in the position we're in. The past CEO's weren't great, but they were the "pits".
----------------
[/blockquote]

This is what I'm wondering. They both failed to do their jobs in a satisfactory manner. They left the company in an extremely vunerable position even if 9/11 hadn't happened. Shareholders got screwed, many employees lost their jobs and now our pensions are under attack. W&G left such a mess how can they still get rewarded with their pensions? It doesn't seem ethical or moral. Surely the BK court or the shareholders should have a reasonable cause to ask the the court to deny W&G any further compensation from the coffers of US Airways.

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 12/26/2002 8:17:41 PM pitguy wrote:
[P]It is hard to believe Dave when you know him to be untruthful. Still voting 'no' here. Again.[/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P][STRONG][EM]well what do you expect,you always were one of those smacks who fell prey to the rumor de jour in the ready room.folloow me,i got your answer.i'll tell you how to think...smack..[/EM][/STRONG]