winglets on 757 a/c?

etops1

Veteran
Dec 6, 2003
i am hearing through the grape vine that airways is looking at installing aviation partners blended winglets on the 757 a/c. can anyone confirm or deny this?

i am hearing through the grape vine that airways is looking at installing aviation partners blended winglets on the 757 a/c. can anyone confirm or deny this?

What does this STC do? More range? If so, then the only reason I could think of this is if there is a plan to convert some 752's to ETOPS. Why else would they do it?

actually the winglets help alot with fuel conservation. less fuel burn.

actually the winglets help alot with fuel conservation. less fuel burn.
Right. More range on same fuel quantity as before winglet installation = less fuel burn. You say potato, I say potahto. :)

well, all i know is that aa and continental seem happy with them. i think they save 5% on fuel. i don't know, i was just asking.

Yes, we are getting winglets on the 757's. They will save, on average, 300,00 gallons of jet fuel per year per aircraft paying for themselves in the first year.
Also east 757's will get the PIP (product improvement package) for the FMC's (west already has it).
GTOW will be upped from 230,000lbs to 255,000 lbs. (I think the west 757's have already been upped but I'm not positive.)
More range due the ability to carry more fuel with less fuel burn.

Naaaaah, we'll use them on PHL-BDL or PHL-PVD...lol Hopefully this is true. It would be awesome to be able to use these a/c in better markets and reep some extra benefits from it. Now THAT would be a good thing. :up:

About 45 757's combined.
The aircraft are pretty much identical except for the interior configurations. Same engines (RB211's).

Yes N600-609 are ex-EAL as well as the entire Cactus 757 fleet. One big happy Eastern fleet. N600-609 are 4000 lbs heavier on EOW than N610-633.Most likely the materials used at the time of construction. Also US 757's are 230,000 MTOW vs Cactus sisters 240,000 MTOW

Latest posts