With this latest 35M scandal,how do USAIRWAYS execs, past and present, even sleep at night?

mrplanes

Advanced
Sep 17, 2002
Dave Seigel and the Board of Directors are the culpable parties here in addition to Wolf Gangwal and Nagin. Before this is over there may very well be people going to jail.

Bankruptcy is a tool to aid troubled companies in reorganizing and getting on the right track. What these fools did just prior to the filing is not just immoral it is quite possibly illegal. And if it is found to be illegal I can assure you the strongest legal action possible against the aforementioned group will be forthcoming.

Notice how quiet Dave has been through all this? The sun is shining on Crystal City and the stench is beginning to rise. And the rats are not going to come out of their sewers for fear of saying something that will be held against them in a court of law.

mr

...probably very comfortably,they might put in their 8 hours here and there, go to church on Sundays(HA!), play golf 3 days a week, chauffeur their kids to Prep school, hang at the pool, and all the while robbing stealing conniving their way into personal millions while an entire workforce suffers at their hands.
I am so glad the BK judge isn''t the FINAL judge in this world.There aren''t enough icecubes in eternity to keep these crooks cool where they''re going.

1ab:

Yes, lets finish it. And then lets get rid of Dave and the boys. Immoral, unethical, dishonest and corrupt upper management and BOD members must go. Start with Dave and work our way down.

What has happened in the past is a glimps into the future if nothing is done about it. He has shown his stripes with the 35 mill. payments. He has shown what kind of man he is. He must go.

mr

yawwwwwwwnnnnnnnn !!!!!!!!!!!

what do you care how they sleep..

In the future there will be reps from the employee groups on the BOD so lets hope these agents will look out for our best interest and the past will not be repeated.

The future is what matters..lets get on with this..tired of this up and down feel good and confident feelings ...lets finish this BK crap..so we can get on with it

Here's a start geo:

Get back the 35 million Dave GAVE those three crooks just days before the BK filing.

You seem to misunderstand the role of EMPLOYEES and MANAGEMENT. We fly the planes, fix the planes, clean the planes, serve the customers, ticket the customers, etc.... Our job does not entail telling management how to RUN the airline. That is what they are hired to do. We do not have the expertise. They make large sums of money to do that. The employees of Jetblue and Southwest fly, clean, ticket and serve. Their management runs the airline. And makes the decisions that make them money.

I see lots of reactions but no solutions. Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of Wolf & Co. nor am I saying they are right.

However, as of late, these boards carry nothing but reactions. No one has stepped forward and offered a solution to either US Airways revenue decline OR the need to get costs in line with what little revenue is there. Management keeps cutting everywhere it can to make the revenue even to expenses just so the airline will stop hemoraging cash. And everytime there is a cut, everyone else curses management and screams "Off with their heads!!!".

Does anyone have constructive ideas or have the USAviation boards deteriorated to the same level as those aol boards?

I hope not...

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/26/2003 8:12:15 AM geo1004 wrote:

I see lots of reactions but no solutions. Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of Wolf & Co. nor am I saying they are right.

However, as of late, these boards carry nothing but reactions. No one has stepped forward and offered a solution to either US Airways revenue decline OR the need to get costs in line with what little revenue is there. Management keeps cutting everywhere it can to make the revenue even to expenses just so the airline will stop hemoraging cash. And everytime there is a cut, everyone else curses management and screams "Off with their heads!!!".

Does anyone have constructive ideas or have the USAviation boards deteriorated to the same level as those aol boards?

I hope not...
----------------
[/blockquote]

DING DING DING - we have a correct answer!

Wish there were some US customers here on the board to give perspective. You folks are arguing yourselves into oblivion...

mrplanes wrote:

Get back the 35 million Dave GAVE those three crooks just days before the BK filing.

DCAflyer asks:

Why is everyone blaming this on Dave? The ratification for the $35 million payout would have been done at the BOD level. People need to understand basic corporate structure.

The essence of the point with this $35 Million, IMO, is that these execs who recieved this obviously had a triggering event in their contract that allowed them to receive this. They received this before BK. The hipocracy comes in with this NEW mangement when they tell us ALL summer we are going out of business and OFF a CLIFF (Siegels words) knowing full well that three execs received this money. It is not illegal what they did, BUT RATHER HIGHLY IMORAL AND UNETHICAL. Many employees are NOT making it financially. They are filing personal bankruptcy, ruining their credit for the next decade, for WHAT to save a company that has the same leadership as the past.

THE ONLY REASON THESE NEW EXECS TOOK SALARY AND BONUS CUTS (That will be short lived) is because there was so much PRESSURE from Labor. They are not different.

None of us will be surprised when their compensation is reported tomorrow, that it will say "0" in compensation other than salary. Hell,WE ARE IN BANKRUPTCY.

What we need to be aware of though and vigilient of is what they will be receiving in future bonsuses and perks when we start profitting, and while our labor employees continue to suffer severe wage and benefit concessions.

"YOU ARE SEEING CAPITALISM IN ITS TRUE FORM: take from the less advantaged to give to the rich to make them even RICHER.

Presently, which I just discovered is that there are 18 pilots who are in court attempting to receive "lump sum" retirement who have put in for retirement Feb. 1 and March 1. Total: $22 Million. Are they any different. Everyone is trying to get there money; as I sit and wait for the war event that will trigger another $250 per month out of my pay.

I am not surprised at this. My eyes were wide open in the summer, while others eyes were "wide shut".

Done with this rant....

If this company has the right to get the 35M back, they should do it no questions asked period. The rotten pair of crooks should have paid us 35M for the damage they did before jumping ship. They should all be brought up on charges and maybe with the current ALPA situation they can force the issue. The duo of W&G robbed us blind for the poor job they did and then get an extra bonus to boot. Show me the money boys....