WN boosts flights at Denver

ngneer

Advanced
Aug 20, 2002
Press Release Source: Southwest Airlines

Southwest Airlines Heats Up Summer With New Flights; Airline Increases Denver Service and Adds Flights in Other Key Cities
Monday June 5, 11:00 am ET

DALLAS, June 5 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Southwest Airlines (NYSE: LUV - News) is expanding its route network and adding new service in several key Southwest cities. To take advantage of this new Southwest Airlines service visit: http://www.southwest.com/jp/luvhome.shtml?src=PR_NS_060506 .

"Southwest is extremely pleased with the response we have gotten from Customers in the Denver market, and Southwest is delivering on the promise we made to increase service in response to Customer demand," said Kevin Krone, Southwest Airlines Vice President of Marketing, Sales, and Distribution. "In addition to 12 new Denver nonstop flights, we will also be adding new low-fare transcontinental service between Oakland and Baltimore/Washington which we are sure will be a hit with business and leisure travelers."

The new service breaks down as follows:

Beginning July 17, 2006
* One new daily nonstop roundtrip flight between Denver and Houston
Hobby. Fares begin as low as $79 one-way (see fare rules below).
* One additional daily nonstop roundtrip flight between Denver and
Baltimore/Washington (for a total of two daily).
Chicago Midway (for a total of five daily).
Phoenix (for a total of six daily).
* One additional daily nonstop roundtrip flight between Houston Hobby and
Tampa Bay (for a total of three daily).

Beginning August 4, 2006
* Four new daily nonstop roundtrip flights between Denver and Kansas
City. Fares begin as low as $59 one-way (see fare rules below).
* One new daily nonstop roundtrip flight between Denver and Orlando.
Fares begin as low as $99 one-way (see fare rules below).
* One new daily nonstop roundtrip flight between Denver and Nashville.
Fares begin as low as $89 one-way (see fare rules below).
* One additional daily nonstop roundtrip flight between Denver and Las
Vegas (for a total of seven daily).
Houston Hobby (for a total of two daily).

Beginning August 17, 2006
* One new daily nonstop flight between Baltimore/Washington and Oakland.
Fares begin as low as $99 one-way. $99 fare available for nonstop
flight only and must be purchased by Aug. 17, 2006. See additional fare
rules below.
* One additional daily nonstop roundtrip flight between Boise and Oakland
(for a total of two daily).

"When we began service to Denver five months ago, Southwest knew this was a high-demand market, and this new service will offer more flexibility for our Customers when they make their Denver travel plans," Krone said. "With this newly announced service, Southwest will have 32 daily nonstop departures from Denver."

From nothing to 32 daily flights by August.

"Southwest won't cause UAL any problems in DEN," said the ostriches.

In a couple years, WN may be flying 100-150 daily flights. Wonder if that will cause UAL any problems? :D

Or worse: Frontier! United has the international feed, not to forget the loyalty caused by the mileage plus program, but what does Frontier have that would cause a passenger to stay with them?

Or worse: Frontier! United has the international feed, not to forget the loyalty caused by the mileage plus program, but what does Frontier have that would cause a passenger to stay with them?

Frontier has:
--New and improved website (put your cursor near the bear and see what happens)
--Airbus aircraft that are a little wider than SWA's Boeings
--Live TV

Underestimating Frontier is a mistake I am sure we won't make. Good folks, good product.

IMHO

Frontier has:
--New and improved website (put your cursor near the bear and see what happens)
--Airbus aircraft that are a little wider than SWA's Boeings
--Live TV

Underestimating Frontier is a mistake I am sure we won't make. Good folks, good product.

IMHO

SW has:

Perception, perception, perception!!!!!!!!

I've taught my children that perception IS reality. SW proves that. No one has such a corner on the market. THAT ALONE will make them beat Frontier at the game. United has the mileage loyalty and international connections. Frontier has TV's???? Big deal. Frontier was here before B6, but everyone knows about the B6 TV's, but not as many know about the Frontier TV's.

IMHO, Frontier may be in serious trouble. United has proven to endure.

Then to use YOUR logic, Southwest has yet to prove they too will endure.

United has been around for 70+ years and survived bankruptcy. Will they be here in 10 years? Maybe, maybe not. Will Southwest be here in 10 years? Maybe, maybe not.

10 years ago, United was the biggest airline in the world and the stock price was through the roof.

The ONLY thing consistent in this business is that it isn't consistent.

I feel that SWA needs to expand in to the following markets out of DEN, with the current traffic rank out of DEN in (); SEA(8th), PDX(16), SMF(26), and ONT(28) out of DEN. Adding a little more West Coast presence, even with 1 or 2 flights a day from these cities would bring the passengers flocking to DEN and SWA. A little later expansion should include PHL(15), SJC(20), STL(29), and OMA(32). This would give DEN a small hub feel with what should be an awesome mix of O & D traffic to ensure extreme profitability. just my thoughts.......

SW has:
IMHO, Frontier may be in serious trouble. United has proven to endure.

Don't be too sure. There is a lot to be said for "hometown airline" loyalty. People in Houston love CO (people in Dallas love to hate AA, but that's another story); I doubt seriously that SW would have the presence in HOU that they do if the WA did not exist.

And, you might want to tell Frontier that they are in trouble. They are still expanding and hiring. A friend of mine is a flight attendant with them. She has worked for them about 2 years now and is already senior enough that she holds pretty much whatever she wants to fly. And, that is not because of people senior to her leaving. It is because of people junior to her being hired.

Some of those destinations that you mentioned as good for SW on the West Coast are already being flown by Frontier in full airplanes.

Now, if SWA were to start DEN-DFW, I would be worried. :lol:

We're taking over the domestic system, a little at a time!!! :up: :up: :up: :up:

==========================================================

Well WN IS slowly taking over the DEN domestic market "a little at a time", AND just as I predicted they would, when they announced the "BRILLIANT" decision to go into DEN.
(See, I can speak good about WN) :rolleyes:

DEN/MHT+PVD would be an Instant winner also.
I agree with Former ModerAAtor, UA is like a "cat with 9 lives", so at worse, I only see UA possibly scale/ing DEN back to places where WN could'nt hurt them, like INTERNATIONAL(obviously), plus SFO/ORD/NYC/BOS/ etc.

NH/BB's

:up: :up: Great to see more flights between MCI-DEN. The last time three carriers flew from MCI-DEN was when UA, Western Pac, and Vanguard flew the route. Of course back then UA had a 6am, (757) a 7:20am (757) an 8:50 (727) a 11:00 (727) a 13:15 (757) a 16:05 (757) a 17:15 (727) an 18:45 (757) and a 20:00 (757). Vanguard had five daily and Western Pac had 3 or 4. So the market needs the lift!

Great to see somebody taking advantage of the open gates, obvious need, and giving passengers what they want. I bet I-70 will see less traffic this winter and the hotels in western KS will see less people stay over when I-70 is closed for winter storms. Now if only we could see some more flights between STL-DEN!!!!!!

Good wishes for the