WN to add 15 new cities from DAL.

700UW

Corn Field
Nov 11, 2003
NC
Beginning Oct. 13, 2014, Southwest Airlines will launch nonstop service from Dallas Love Field to:
  • Baltimore/Washington (BWI)
  • Denver
  • Las Vegas
  • Orlando
  • Chicago Midway
Beginning Nov. 2, 2014, Southwest Airlines will launch nonstop service from Dallas Love Field to:
  • Atlanta
  • Nashville
  • Washington, D.C. (Reagan National)
  • Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood
  • Los Angeles (LAX)
  • New York (LaGuardia)
  • Phoenix
  • San Diego
  • Orange County/Santa Ana
  • Tampa

http://www.swamedia.com/releases/big-news-for-big-d-southwest-airlines-announces-new-nonstop-destinations

Now the next step is to see who will get the 2 gates @ LF.  After reading a lot of articles on the 15 new cities announced, there are several of them still stating that Delta and United are not being included by the DOJ.  It may very well be if SWA is the only LCC applying for said gates, SWA will more than likely get them, especially now that SWA has shown just how much they can use the gates.  Look more even more cities to be added as well as the number of flights to increase once SWA gets the other 2 gates.  A lot of great news coming for SWA and their employees as of late.  I for see and welcome some great times ahead for SWA and our growth.  My hat off to all the employees and leadership at SWA that made all this happen and come to realization, FINALLY!!!  Now let's get back to growing this airline like we did in the 90's...

Reactions: 2 people
Uh Oh!

Watch out, WT is gonna explode with a million word manifesto and threaten lawsuits, lol!

Reactions: 1 person
Like one of the articles read where Dl was posting where it would fly to, and that they are selling tickets to the destinations without even knowing if they have the gates or not, now that is just stupid.  Some of us said awhile back that they are doing this to try and sway a vote in their favor from the DOJ awarding the gates.  Delta thinks they can raise the "well, we already have tickets sold for these gates"   DOJ could respond,  Too bad, you shouldn't have sold tickets for something that WAS-NOT a sure thing, now go back and refund all those monies (plus interest) back to those good people for selling something you never had"  let see, is considered fraud?   Hmmmm...

If delta doesnt get those gates is that when the ghostly delta legal challenge disappears or does it actually come to light??

Even if Dl did file a suit.  Just how well do you think they would do after they have already shown how they treat the flying public, the Dallas city leaders, the FW city leaders, and their employees after what they did at DFW???  IMO they would not stand a chance.  I'm still seeing the gates going to SWA at the end game...

On int'l flights, you are not allowed to sell flights until you have obtained government approvals but no such requirement exists for domestic flights. There is no legal requirement to obtain government approval to begin domestic service.

There are many markets that have been sold by carriers and never started or terminated before the passenger flies. As long as DL follows procedures to either refund the passenger's money if they don't want to accept DL's reaccommodation, which could easily be done from DFW, there is nothing legally or morally wrong.

And you all can say all you want, but the chances are extraordinarily high that DL will end up with the gates to fly the schedule it has published and may even have space to add more service.

it is also noteworthy that WN didn't announce service to either MSP or DTW, two cities which DL says it would serve.

No one has yet to find a post where I said that DL would definitely file a lawsuit if they didn't get slots at DCA because I didn't say it.

Since the process isn't finished and even after it, legal challenges are still possible.

But I still say that the biggest impact will be to AA who will watch their highest margin hub - by Parker's own statements - become one of the most competitive large markets in the US and one where no US carrier maintains a successful hub against that much low fare competition, and neither AA or US has any hubs with that high of a percentage of low fare carrier activity.

If you're so confident that DL will not get access to DAL, then I am willing to bet you that they will.

If aren't willing to put your belief in your position on the line, then quit making a bunch of noise about it and wait until the process is finished.

BTW, I don't know what Google some people are using but the definition of low fare carrier quickly pops up a number of articles that use the term.

Spin spin spin.

So how is it likely that Delta will get the two gates?

You know nothing more than anyone else, except AA, DOJ and DAL officials.

Have you been in the breakrooms at the DOJ and DAL? lmao.

I'm spinning nothing. You have tried to put words in my mouth that I didn't say yet you don't want to defend the words that you actually did say.
f
See the UA thread. I doubt we'll see an apology from you to the 500 UA employees who will be on the street.

WN won't win access to the gates if ANY other carrier has any interest in them and the intended activity of other carriers cannot be accommodated at available DAL gates.

I absolutely will bet you that. Will you accept?

I'd love to be eating fine compliments of about a half dozen people on forums, including swamt.

WorldTraveler said:
On int'l flights, you are not allowed to sell flights until you have obtained government approvals but no such requirement exists for domestic flights. There is no legal requirement to obtain government approval to begin domestic service.

There are many markets that have been sold by carriers and never started or terminated before the passenger flies. As long as DL follows procedures to either refund the passenger's money if they don't want to accept DL's reaccommodation, which could easily be done from DFW, there is nothing legally or morally wrong.

And you all can say all you want, but the chances are extraordinarily high that DL will end up with the gates to fly the schedule it has published and may even have space to add more service.

it is also noteworthy that WN didn't announce service to either MSP or DTW, two cities which DL says it would serve.

No one has yet to find a post where I said that DL would definitely file a lawsuit if they didn't get slots at DCA because I didn't say it.

Since the process isn't finished and even after it, legal challenges are still possible.

But I still say that the biggest impact will be to AA who will watch their highest margin hub - by Parker's own statements - become one of the most competitive large markets in the US and one where no US carrier maintains a successful hub against that much low fare competition, and neither AA or US has any hubs with that high of a percentage of low fare carrier activity.

If you're so confident that DL will not get access to DAL, then I am willing to bet you that they will.

If aren't willing to put your belief in your position on the line, then quit making a bunch of noise about it and wait until the process is finished.

BTW, I don't know what Google some people are using but the definition of low fare carrier quickly pops up a number of articles that use the term.

WorldTraveler said:
I'm spinning nothing. You have tried to put words in my mouth that I didn't say yet you don't want to defend the words that you actually did say.
f

See the UA thread. I doubt we'll see an apology from you to the 500 UA employees who will be on the street.

WN won't win access to the gates if ANY other carrier has any interest in them and the intended activity of other carriers cannot be accommodated at available DAL gates.

I absolutely will bet you that. Will you accept?

I'd love to be eating fine compliments of about a half dozen people on forums, including swamt.
The thing is I never stated the UA agreement was good or bad.

I said it was up the UA members to make their decision. Go look at the thread.

I hear ya swamt I remember the days when dfw was a delta hub not sure when they yanked it but im almost certain dallas folks wont be exactly as friendly to them

do you know when or if there been a date set regarding the slots

The residents of Dallas could care less what DL or any other airline did 10 years ago.

And if they are worried about job cuts, then hometown airline AA is in a world of hurt. Forget about that little maintenance hangar that AA vacated?

I take it by the responses so far that no one is willing to bet that if it comes down to DL vs WN for these gates, they will go to DL.

And it is still possible that there won't even be enough activity at DAL to fill the other 2 gates which means additional flights could be added.

do you have inside story of delta getting those 2 gates for sure????   you can bet that dallas folks dont forget what happen 10 yrs ago when a major thing like delta zapping dfw       of course you dont know what b6 or vx or spirit or allegiant might do   they could swoop in too  not everything has to go to delta delta delta

again, the people of Dallas don't care what happened 10 years ago and if they did they would be more concerned that WN sends out a higher percentage of its maintenance than any other large US carrier and that AA shuttered a major maintenance base in the metroplex. And that is all recent news, not something from 10 years ago.

focusing on stuff like this that has nothing to do with the topic and will have no influence in the decision is a mere attempt at trying to admit that WN's case isn't really as strong as they want to make it out to be.

No, I don't have any knowledge that DL will win the gates. But I have a little common sense and I understand that there will never be a basis for any carrier to dominate an airport to the exclusion of other airlines that want to serve it.

The notion that WN can threaten to move offices out of Dallas if it doesn't get all of the gates at DAL is beyond disgusting and shows how badly WN tries to avoid direct competition with the one airline that is capable of putting WN in its place. If it was really in Dallas' best interest for WN to win gates, they would get it. But no one believes that it is a good thing for any airline including WN to dominate an entire publicly funded airport.

it is not about DL. It is about competition. WN doesn't want. it wants to dominate the airport. Even in the most distorted view of American economics, it doesn't work to expect one company to monopolize a market to the expense of all other companies. And there is nothing pro-consumer about eliminating the possibility of competition.

If it comes down to DL's ability to operate its proposed schedule or WN getting more gates, DL will gain access. I am more than willing to bet.

anyone care to bet against me?

700UW said:
I said it was up the UA members to make their decision. Go look at the thread.
thank you.

Perhaps you would have the same scruples admit that DL people are capable of making their own decisions, and have.