Woman Dies on GRU-DFW Flight

What puzzles me is that I thought that no one EVER dies on an International flight. Too much paperwork. "The passenger was pronounced dead in the ambulance on the way to the hospital after the flight diverted to the nearest airport."

Not to sound callous, but if she was found dead, why not just continue to DFW? Her destination was DFW, now whomever she was to meet has to go to Houston.

Sounds like a blood clot that started in the legs migrated to the brain. This usually happens in very rare cases when people sit for long periods time without getting up and stretching.

Not to sound callous, but if she was found dead, why not just continue to DFW? Her destination was DFW, now whomever she was to meet has to go to Houston.

I tend to agree. News articles say that there was a doc on the flight and that lifesaving efforts were performed - perhaps the doc said "let's divert to try to save her" and thus they landed at IAH. From those articles, she went into distress about eight hours into the flight, so that would not have been too far from Houston.

Guy seated next to me on a flight to London expired quite a few years ago. We were about two or three hours from LHR and a doc and nurse used the defib and performed other lifesaving efforts for over an hour before giving up. He was covered up, placed in a five-across row, belted in and everyone around him moved to other seats. These days, with much higher load factors, there might not be so many empty seats.

Sad to say, but it's a Fact-of(airline)-life, especially when your 'out in the middle of nowhere'.

I mean, if your going ORD to BOS, there are many state-of-the-art-hospitals/airports to divert/land into..
Cleveland Clinic would do just fine for me.