Word is Jan 1st MCIE is closing entire base from a very reliable source.

Status
Not open for further replies.
MCIE guys hearing total base closure yet?

It wouldnt suprise me.I guess we may see Gordon Clark coming to New York. I promise I'll be a better host than he was.

From what I've been hearing the company has been rejecting VBRs. I think they granted 6 at JFK, more are waiting.

What kind of a union would allow a company to pick and choose, on an individual basis, which individuals get the VBR and which dont? Well we know the answer to that dont we, a union run by the friend of management, Jim Little.

It wouldnt suprise me.I guess we may see Gordon Clark coming to New York. I promise I'll be a better host than he was.

From what I've been hearing the company has been rejecting VBRs. I think they granted 6 at JFK, more are waiting.

What kind of a union would allow a company to pick and choose, on an individual basis, which individuals get the VBR and which dont? Well we know the answer to that dont we, a union run by the friend of management, Jim Little.
refer to mci's message about ethnic cleansing then combine that w/my statement on that thread that vbr's will be meted out according to the co.'s plan to majorly down-size mci ......then allow co. to evaluate its' monetary position...then include more vbr's down south... i guess what i'm saying is that you are correct bob....the co. has been handed a wild card to custom-design a rif....should have been voted on....or everyone should have signed-up...or noone should have signed-up ..........i could go on and on and on

So let's see now,

In 2003 we gave away the farm in pay and benefits to save jobs.
Since then we have been "working together" to get 3rd party work.

Team TWU members claimed we saved 3 Maintenance Bases and 13,000 jobs with the concessions.

So why are we today discussing a closure of a maintenance base?

Failed Policies again, Failed Leadership again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bob,
As always, your correct about the useless TWU/Little !

As for JFK, from a company standpoint(assuming MCI closes), besides the 2 bases TUL/AFW, that leave's Only JFK and MIA to do any 777 work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bob,
As always, your correct about the useless TWU/Little !

As for JFK, from a company standpoint(assuming MCI closes), besides the 2 bases TUL/AFW, that leave's Only JFK and MIA to do any 777 work.

Your forgetting DFW and I believe ORD can also.

Your forgetting DFW and I believe ORD can also.

Closse it It should never have been a base in the first place. I am so tired of you AMT's thinking the airline revolves around you.. It is so funny how guy's like you want everything and more on this board, but in real life will take what they give you. Grow up the company did not come to your house and offer you the job. And for you guys who think well they paid me for my services. get over it , you are not that educated, and trust me I know . Ihave more education and I am a Fleet service clerk, and would most of you to shame on Knowlege. SO get of Your high of=r not so high horses and post something other than how you are getting screwed, by the company or the union. GROW UP !!!!!!P.S. Owens at first I respected you, because you did have good Ideas, but ow you are just like the res. Do not everr and I mean ever represent me, because I could handle it by myself better..

P.S. 2 Bring it wise men

Closse it It should never have been a base in the first place. I am so tired of you AMT's thinking the airline revolves around you.. It is so funny how guy's like you want everything and more on this board, but in real life will take what they give you. Grow up the company did not come to your house and offer you the job. And for you guys who think well they paid me for my services. get over it , you are not that educated, and trust me I know . Ihave more education and I am a Fleet service clerk, and would most of you to shame on Knowlege. SO get of Your high of=r not so high horses and post something other than how you are getting screwed, by the company or the union. GROW UP !!!!!!P.S. Owens at first I respected you, because you did have good Ideas, but ow you are just like the res. Do not everr and I mean ever represent me, because I could handle it by myself better..

P.S. 2 Bring it wise men

I can tell how much education you have by your command of the English language!

bigdawg52, I've got to think that was a joke. If you seriously can use the word education in a mess like that, then thank God your not an AMT. :blink:

So let's see now,

In 2003 we gave away the farm in pay and benefits to save jobs.
Since then we have been "working together" to get 3rd party work.

Team TWU members claimed we saved 3 Maintenance Bases and 13,000 jobs with the concessions.

So why are we today discussing a closure of a maintenance base?

Failed Policies again, Failed Leadership again.

AA mainline fleet on 12/31/00: 717

AA mainline fleet on 12/31/07: 655

With grounding of 34 AB6s and approx 40 MD-80s, estimated mainline fleet by 12/31/08: 581

With a much smaller mainline fleet than it was immediately prior to buying TWA, little wonder that the inherited maintenance base at MCIE might be superflous.

No question that your worthless union sucks and should be replaced by the mechanics with a union that actually represents you, but I don't see how those worthless union slugs can be blamed for the fundamental changes in the industry over the past five and a half years. AA has fewer planes to maintain than it did when two maintenance bases were sufficient - there's no way the third base is still necessary.

AA mainline fleet on 12/31/00: 717

AA mainline fleet on 12/31/07: 655

With grounding of 34 AB6s and approx 40 MD-80s, estimated mainline fleet by 12/31/08: 581

With a much smaller mainline fleet than it was immediately prior to buying TWA, little wonder that the inherited maintenance base at MCIE might be superflous.

No question that your worthless union sucks and should be replaced by the mechanics with a union that actually represents you, but I don't see how those worthless union slugs can be blamed for the fundamental changes in the industry over the past five and a half years. AA has fewer planes to maintain than it did when two maintenance bases were sufficient - there's no way the third base is still necessary.

I agree, but cut out AFW or TULE before touching MCIE. It is the best as far as getting the work done right and on time or ahead of time. That is where Arpey should send all the work to be done, not AFW and it high costs.

Perhaps the argument would stop if AMR just closed them all and farmed out the work? Or, perhaps spin off maintenance as it's own subsidiary and let it's numbers speak for itself?

"Everyone always thinks they do a better job than the 'lazy bastard' that got a raise." - Harry Truman

MCIE guys hearing total base closure yet?
We are not being told of a total closure. They are saying it will be reduced down to the 2 widebody bays and the narrow body bays will no longer be. Who knows? We were handed a timeline of the rif and it amounted to 363 title 1&3. 342 AMTs with the last being rif d Dec 31 but that was a couple of weeks ago. I wouldnt be suprised if they just close it. Is Tulsa getting some MRO work to return some of the Folkkers that went to the desert back into service?

Status
Not open for further replies.