work from home site

chelebell

Aug 28, 2002
I have heard that there is a website out there that is hiring customer service to take res calls for U and it is a work from home thing. Pay is around 25G/yr. Anyone have this website info? Not that I want that job - I just want to see if it is true.
Thank you!

sure maybe in India where all the cheap cust svc jobs are outsourcing to..the 25 G stands for 25 goats I take it?

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/22/2003 8:45:31 PM chelebell wrote:

I have heard that there is a website out there that is hiring customer service to take res calls for U and it is a "work from home" thing. Pay is around 25G/yr. Anyone have this website info? Not that I want that job - I just want to see if it is true.

Thank you!

----------------
I've heard that someone like Jetblue or Airtran does this.....

JetBlue does do this.

One site you may be thinking of is homecareersearch.com. From people I've contacted and talked to...they are legit. Something to look at.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/22/2003 9:59:45 PM gilbertguy wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------

I have heard that there is a website out there that is hiring customer service to take res calls for U and it is a "work from home" thing. Pay is around 25G/yr. Anyone have this website info? Not that I want that job - I just want to see if it is true.

Thank you!

----------------

----------------
[/blockquote]
It is not true no one has been contracted to fill homebase RES jobs for US Airways.

I'm willing to bet some retired and furloughed agents from res would jump at this chance. I pleaded for years to allow us to do this. America West has some vacation desk people doing it. It sure would help res out in bad weather situations. I'd even be willing to do it on a part time basis whenever res needed help. Hey Dave are you reading this??? Contact me.

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 1/23/2003 6:06:21 AM PineyBob wrote:
[P]Boy Dell you are really proud of your apparent new found ability to upload pictures aren't you?[BR][BR]Keep doing it! It's very funny![/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P]we all need to laugh once in a while bob.....

One site you may be thinking of is homecareersearch.com. From people I've contacted and talked to...they are legit. Something to look at.
----------------
From the homecareersearch.com FAQ

Membership Registration Fee

$45.00
FIRST TIME VISITOR PROMOTION
Only $29.95

Your benefits of membership:

* Show employers your experiences and abilities in a posting.
* Have employers viewing your resume on a daily basis.
* Make use of our huge digital archive of telecommuting jobs that is updated daily.

OUCH!

Ya the fee is touchy...but they do have several good companies advertising through them - LiveOps, Delta Airlines, and IBM are a couple that have active advertisements with them at present. Nothing is free today...to get your website listed with Yahoo (anything but personal), you must pay a $299.00 consideration fee - it doesn't guarantee your site will be added. Times are changing. :)

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/22/2003 11:29:43 PM real world wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/22/2003 9:59:45 PM gilbertguy wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------

Thank you!

----------------

----------------
[/blockquote]
It is not true no one has been contracted to fill homebase RES jobs for US Airways.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Thanks for the "inside" info, Dave...

dfw79 wrote:

Ya the fee is touchy...but they do have several good companies advertising through them - LiveOps, Delta Airlines, and IBM are a couple that have active advertisements with them at present. Nothing is free today...to get your website listed with Yahoo (anything but personal), you must pay a $299.00 consideration fee - it doesn't guarantee your site will be added. Times are changing. :)
----------------
Actually, Google will pagerank your site based on its popularity. The smarter you become, the less likely you will be to pay for website submission or AirInc junk.

Thank you all very much - and thanks for extra entertainment!
I'm NOT looking for another job like this - just wanted to see if there was any truth to the rumor flyin' around in res (what's left of it).
Thanks again!