Working Joe''s Economics

autofixer

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
kcabpilot, Have you thought about heading down to your local transmission repair center? My rebuilders start out at about $62,000 per year. I will grant the pay does not increase much, but in good years bonuses will come. A good rebuilder can set the shop up how he/she likes. You do not have to commute 50 miles each way either.

As a lowly Mechanic, this is how I see it:
I''ve crunched the numbers and the fact is that to live in this hub locality, totaling the housing, commute and other associated costs I am spending fully, more than 70% of my income just to have the privilege of doing that 100 mile per day drive and giving fully, more than 12 hours per day of my awakened life to a company that , for the past 14 years, has not shown even the slightest hint of appreciation of that effort.
The concept that I should be fearful of losing this status is laughable at best.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/21/2003 11:42:30 PM autofixer wrote:

kcabpilot, Have you thought about heading down to your local transmission repair center? My rebuilders start out at about $62,000 per year. I will grant the pay does not increase much, but in good years bonuses will come. A good rebuilder can set the shop up how he/she likes. You do not have to commute 50 miles each way either.
----------------
[/blockquote]
This is exactly what the majority of the mechs that are being laid off and many that not laid off are doing. They are leaving the industry for others that treat them with decency and respect as well as are more financially rewarding. I am one of those and recommend to those that are in it to leave as well. Here is the question, "If those tha know hoe to repair these machines leave who will?"