World Davos Meeting

Oct 30, 2006
With all the news coming out of World Economic Forum, it is difficult to ascertain whether the attendees are just pointing fingers or if they are actually making progress towards increased social responsibility and corporate citizenship. All-in-all, some good just may come out of it...

Some ideas have been seemingly worthwhile:

* Bill Gates' creative capitalism that uses market forces to address issues facing the poor.

* Germans' ideas to invest heavily in alternative-fuel vehicles.

* Davos' recognition that children's job hunt will unnecessarily be hurt by protectionism, a view even expressed by the unions in attendance.

* Davos' recognition of the star-power and potential conflict due to increased investment by sovereign funds.

* Getting Bono together in the same room with Bill Gates and Michael Dell to discuss a pledged $306 million in grants to develop farming in poor countries.

Some issues, however, could have probably went unspoken:

* African leader blames western countries for all of Africa's ills.

* Allowing a Chinese Diplomat to supposedly give the US and France a lesson in Democracy.

* Blaming the US for other countries economic problems as well.

* Getting Bono together in the same room with Gore

In a non-economic discussion in Davos, the Afghanistan President said : I am a "puppet of America."

He went on further to say that "misguided policy objectives" of unnamed countries or organizations were continuing to fuel violence in Afghanistan, although he was confident al Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden was no longer within its borders.

But, on a more positive note, he ended by saying: "The U.S administration has helped Afghanistan and if we are called puppets, or if I am called a puppet because we are grateful to America, then let that be my nickname.

"The truth is that without the United States in Afghanistan, Afghanistan would be a very poor, miserable country, occupied by neighbors and al Qaeda and terrorists."

Let's hope we don't let the Afghan people down.

Jump to story

With all the news coming out of World Economic Forum, it is difficult to ascertain whether the attendees are just pointing fingers or if they are actually making progress towards increased social responsibility and corporate citizenship. All-in-all, some good just may come out of it...

* Getting Bono together in the same room with Gore

Well at least Bono admits he's a hypocrit unlike his Daddy Al Gore.

I visited your sites as you requested, but I do not see the relevance or importance of those sites. And I certainly do not see why they would help me sleep better. A glass of merlot usually does the trick.

Maybe he thought you would laugh yourself to the point of exhaustion.

I visited your sites as you requested, but I do not see the relevance or importance of those sites. And I certainly do not see why they would help me sleep better. A glass of merlot usually does the trick.
First...thanks for the laugh...good sport

Those sites, one anyway, has info on the world money people and how they are going to rule this world with their collusion.

I know some very successful business people and I mean very successful who turned me on to those sites. They gave me a pile of CD's from this guy Alex Jones who owns those sites. They are ready to go under ground when the sludge hits the fan. These are not stupid people which is amazing! Me, I am going to breathe deep when they gas us--I am ready and secure as to my destiny.

FYI: Under most lily pads in the north country, leaches thrive, did you know that? And what do I mean by that...nothing whatsoever…just a weird fact that came to mind.

Time for some merlot then dream land. . . . .

Those sites, one anyway, has info on the world money people and how they are going to rule this world with their collusion.

I know some very successful business people and I mean very successful who turned me on to those sites. They gave me a pile of CD's from this guy Alex Jones who owns those sites. They are ready to go under ground when the sludge hits the fan. These are not stupid people which is amazing! Me, I am going to breathe deep when they gas us--I am ready and secure as to my destiny.

FYI: Under most lily pads in the north country, leaches thrive, did you know that? And what do I mean by that...nothing whatsoever…just a weird fact that came to mind.

Yeah. I remember Mr. Jones from the whole Waco debacle. Oddly enough, he definitely is not the whackiest conspiracy theorist; he has made some good points in the past.

Please don't tell me that those very successful people are part of the "millionaire's forum."

I wouldn't call the stuff on prisonplanet or inforwars "information". More like the kind of stuff you see in the rags at the supermarket check out line.

Here's a good example.

< http://www.infowars.com/articles/ww3/israe...c_cleansers.htm >

Since you have called the Jews God's people what on earth are God's people doing something like this? You can only come to two conclusions, one the story is garbage. Or two, God is one twisted dude.

My guess is the first one. My favorite line from the story is The megalomaniacs that control Israel wish to live in a world largely devoid of Muslims.... . Here's the problem with that, Islam is an idea not a specific group of people. The other one is Race-specific bio-weapons have already been developed for this purpose.. Of course they offer no scentific evidence to back up that claim.

But wait there's more!!!!!

< http://www.infowars.com/articles/sept11/pi..._explosives.htm >

Like before you can only come to two conclusions. One the story is a bunch of BS which it is. Or that it's true. Now if you are in the airline industry and believe it to be true is means you are completely out of your mind.

Now if you are in the airline industry and believe it to be true is means you are completely out of your mind.

I thought you had to be nuts to work for an airline?

That is a pretty funny story. Like no one would see the explosives during a check of an AC? Never ceases to amaze me what people will believe.

I thought you had to be nuts to work for an airline?

That is a pretty funny story. Like no one would see the explosives during a check of an AC? Never ceases to amaze me what people will believe.

There's working for an airline crazy and then there's paded room crazy.

Latest posts