worldwide opportunities

100LL

Jun 18, 2009
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone knows what it takes to go to a different country and fly. I'm finishing up my commercial and CFI and would like to travel the world and see some new scenery. I'm single and just looking for entry level jobs such as CFI. I was thinking Australia, Sweden, New Zealand, Canada just to name a few. My first question is do you have to be a citizen of the country that you are flying in? Or can you get some kind of green card for work? Thanks.

I would suggest that you use your computer to research the subject. The requirements and restrictions are different from one country to another, I'm quite sure.

I doubt seriously that you would be allowed to come in as a foreigner and fly in "developed" countries, such as Sweden or Australia, unless you had obtained a work visa first. And, I imagine that the laws of those countries are very similar to the laws of the U.S.--i.e., a work visa may not be issued to a foreigner unless the potential employer can document that he/she has made every effort to hire a citizen or resident alien, and there are none available for hire.