Worplace Violence Training

Frank Szabo

Veteran
Aug 21, 2010
Broken Arrow, Okiehoma
LATE NOTICE!!! Workplace Violence Training @ AA

Training classes are being offered to anyone in Tulsa who has not taken the class. Classes will be scheduled over the next few months on different days, time and locations to accomodate everyone who wants to attend.
Please contact Zalika Agimudie on X 1868 or call X 2698 to register for classes being offered.

Dates, Time and Locations:
April 10, @ 10:30-12:30 PM in the Leadership Center I, A1D7 Admin Center
April 10, @ 2:30-4:30 PM in the Leadership Center I, A1D7 Admin Center
April 11, @ 7:00-9:00 AM in the Palm Conference Room, T2H16 TEO Building
April 11, @ 9:00-11:00 AM in the Palm Conference Room, T2H16 TEO Building
Keep an eye on Jetnet for more dates...
These are offered by AA at the Tulsa M&E. Please direct all questions to the above contact.

Thanks,
Sam Cirr
i

Thanks,
Allan Ball
IT/Communications

Transport Workers Union of America Local 514
11945 East Pine Street
Tulsa, Ok 74116
V 918.437.4300
F 918.437.0310
C 918.269.0504
http://TWU514.org

There you go, Joshie-Poo - Just for you.

You probably shouldn't be posting internal communications and phone numbers on a public forum.

Josh

You probably shouldn't be posting internal communications and phone numbers on a public forum.

Josh

The post was from the union, Dumbo, on the chance you haven't been keeping up with current events. People like you seldom find anything amusing except maybe a false belief in your value. Nothing was posted that isn't available in one of the many phone directories floating around.

Go back to your cubicle and call a meeting to tell everyone how grreat you are.

Reactions: 1 person
Got this via email on Tuesday - got a helluva laugh out of it.

Training for WHAAT???
Pretty standard these days. Where I work, employees are demanding that something be done every time someone (anywhere in the country) goes postal and shoots up their workplace. The message is clear - bring in a company that pretends to prepare everyone for the next Virginia Tech or we'll sue if it happens here and you didn't offer us some "training." Of course, they'll sue anyway if it happens here even if training was offered.

The post was from the union, Dumbo, on the chance you haven't been keeping up with current events. People like you seldom find anything amusing except maybe a false belief in your value. Nothing was posted that isn't available in one of the many phone directories floating around.

Go back to your cubicle and call a meeting to tell everyone how grreat you are.

If that's the case why did you delete the post?

Josh

Pretty standard these days. Where I work, employees are demanding that something be done every time someone (anywhere in the country) goes postal and shoots up their workplace. The message is clear - bring in a company that pretends to prepare everyone for the next Virginia Tech or we'll sue if it happens here and you didn't offer us some "training." Of course, they'll sue anyway if it happens here even if training was offered.
Even though I deleted the post due to Joshie-Poo-Poo and his whining, I found the email's wording amusing - "Workplace Violence Training Available".

Working at AA, one learns quickly this wonderous training we're required to take is comical at best but is supposedly designed to teach something - my first thought (due to the wording of the email) was "Is this a how-to class?" Lovely. Many of AA's mechanics have military backgrounds and would require precious little assistance/training if they chose to do something rather drastic.

If someone takes a notion to "shoot up the place", as you put it, there's not a helluva lot that can be done unless there are snipers positioned everywhere on the property - somehow, I doubt that would go over well with the troops as, due to the events of the previous years, whose side they'd be on would be questionable - it's doubtful the FAA would think much of the idea, either.

Considering the adage "An armed society is a polite society", it stands to reason that when one side (the law abiding type) is disarmed, the other (the not-so-law abiding) will avail itself of the situation.

Even though anything is possible given enough stress, I certainly hope that sort of thing doesn't happen.

Attended the training myself. Very worthwhle and professioanlly presented.

This should not be taken lightly and is a great discussion and information to hear.

Could actually save somone's life or even better possibly prevent a bad situtation.
Prevention by awareness and reporting would be far better than allowing a situation to get worse. The emphasis is on identification, reporting, and preventing, as statistics show than long before these events take place, there are indications that something is wrong, and should not be ignored. Not every case of course but in many.

Interesting statisitcal data provided. Hopefully none of us or our coworkers face this problem at manifestation of violence, but at least the company is proactive in their training.

Kudos to AA Management in Tulsa for providing this information,

Attended the training myself. Very worthwhle and professioanlly presented.

This should not be taken lightly and is a great discussion and information to hear.

Could actually save somone's life or even better possibly prevent a bad situtation.
Prevention by awareness and reporting would be far better than allowing a situation to get worse. The emphasis is on identification, reporting, and preventing, as statistics show than long before these events take place, there are indications that something is wrong, and should not be ignored. Not every case of course but in many.

Interesting statisitcal data provided. Hopefully none of us or our coworkers face this problem at manifestation of violence, but at least the company is proactive in their training.

Kudos to AA Management in Tulsa for providing this information,
You say "Awareness and Reporting" - how does that keep anyone safe?

More often than not, those who vocalize are seldom dangerous to anyone - the operative word is "seldom". The "gentry" are so scared of the proles they tend to pigeon-hole any "wrongspeak" as an anger problem - not a wise thing to do - soon, the real problem sorts learn to be quiet while those who never were a problem but simply blowing off steam get very resentful and angry - more problems have been caused by the supposed "right" thing to do.

Not a good situation, especially in today's PC society.

You say "Awareness and Reporting" - how does that keep anyone safe?

More often than not, those who vocalize are seldom dangerous to anyone - the operative word is "seldom". The "gentry" are so scared of the proles they tend to pigeon-hole any "wrongspeak" as an anger problem - not a wise thing to do - soon, the real problem sorts learn to be quiet while those who never were a problem but simply blowing off steam get very resentful and angry - more problems have been caused by the supposed "right" thing to do.

Not a good situation, especially in today's PC society.

Well Frank the guy presenting the training has over 30 years of Police Experience and Training. His statistics paint a much different picture of pre-event identification. You can go to the class yourself, take your data and argue with him all you want.
Me, I accept his facts and believe AA Management is on the right track here with this training.

I have no data myself so I have nothing to argue, but the training videos were also comprised of statistical data from true events and were purchased and created from outside AA. Between recognition of potential and survival ideas in the event it does happen. I just fail to see one ounce of negatives in this training. In fact, after going through the training, I have more concerns about someone so against the training than the training itself. Just my opinion.

In fact anyone that "understands" so much about it, and verbalizes how to get around the recognition is someone I consider potentially dangerous to my safety and the safety of others.

AA is not claming this training will save you or anyone else. But I found it to be worth attending and again, I will publicly thank AA mangement for providing it.

Reactions: 2 people
Here at JFK fleet there is violence weekly.. We know how it's done.. We do not need training. :blink:

The only violence that concerns me is bipolar flight attendants who refuse to take their medication. There is no way to assure that the medication is being taken other than daily or almost daily blood tests. Other flight attendants should have the right to refuse to fly with those flight attendants.

I have a very close friend who is bipolar. He said to me that a bipolar crew member is a safety issue because there is no way to guarantee a) they are taking the medication and B) the medication they are taking is still working. He has had to have his medication changed twice in the past year because a medication either did not work or produce the desired result, or it worked for awhile and then stopped working.

No pilot who was diagnosed as bipolar would be allowed anywhere near a cockpit; yet, flight attendants? No problem.

Reactions: 1 person
Even though I deleted the post due to Joshie-Poo-Poo and his whining, I found the email's wording amusing - "Workplace Violence Training Available".

My name is Joshua or Josh for short, not Joshie. Should I start calling you names too or are you too childish to resort to name calling yourself?

Josh

Oh, now I get it, at JFK they are now going to request not only Line Pay, Geo Pay, but Work Place Violence pay. :)

Gee Buck, you really seem to have a major problem with JFK, don't you? You don't seem to have a problem with other local presidents who stand shoulder to shoulder with Bob owen....Why is that? Is it because JFK with its small number of flights accounts for a major source of revenue for AA?
Or is it just your hatred fro Bob Owens? Do you really think he controls negotiations? Jim Little has stated on more than one occasion that the International OWNS the contract...So maybe you need to take out your anger on Little who did not take over HIS negotiations...

Understand something.....there is no line pay, no geo pay and most of the layoffs will come from the base....That's reality.....If the TWU were able to roll call, namely TUL, a money for jobs contract, there would be deal in place by now....The company wants to outsource,,,,,and that is essentially the way this will play out...

No one is benefitting from this BK...

Latest posts