Worst Express carrier?

Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Tried to do this as a poll, by messed up.

Which Express carrier is worst? In reliability and ease of dealing with (or lack thereof).

I nominate Air Wisconsin "making Mesa look good since 2005"... Any chance of using some of the profit to pay them back the money they paid mainline during the BK to make them and their stupid CRJs go away?

Runner up is Republic. While reliable (by Express standards) they take their guaranteed profit margin and go and buy Frontier and Midwest to become a direct competitor to mainline. Can you say "dysfunctional relationship"?

Reactions: 1 person
Tried to do this as a poll, by messed up.

Which Express carrier is worst? In reliability and ease of dealing with (or lack thereof).

I nominate Air Wisconsin "making Mesa look good since 2005"... Any chance of using some of the profit to pay them back the money they paid mainline during the BK to make them and their stupid CRJs go away?

Runner up is Republic. While reliable (by Express standards) they take their guaranteed profit margin and go and buy Frontier and Midwest to become a direct competitor to mainline. Can you say "dysfunctional relationship"?
Air Wisconsin has performed horribly over the last few years. I use to give them slack because they use to fly a lot of LGA and PHL flights, but now they are flying out of CLT. They have constant maintenance delays and cancellations. Plus, constant crew scheduling issues.

Mesa has improved tremendously over the last few years. Their crews are also personable. Yes, the seats need to be replaced and that is forthcoming. Mesa has moved up in my book. They also would benefit by adding ACARS, but I don't think that's in the books.

Chatauqua seems to be the forgotten child of Republic. Their aircraft are also prone to maintence delays and crew issues.

While Mesa has taken a beating over the years for being the worst and rightfully so, Air Wisconsin is TERRIBLE. Air Wisconsin has to be the most unreliable express partner US has. They will not only cancel a flight but multiple in a row. They have as mentioned terrible crew issues and maintenance issues aren't any better. Republic now owning Frontier and Midwest leaving it a direct competitor to mainline is a different story in itself. Talk about an odd partner? So while Mesa is no Emirites or Etihad Air Wisconsin is truly working hard to clinch the title of WORST EXPRESS CARRIER! ! !

Reactions: 1 person
You mean Air Wis-cancel?

Funny . My experience on both Mesa and Air Wisconsin are just the opposite of what everyone else's experience has been regarding the express carriers. ie Air Wisconsin has been pretty reliable at least the flights I've taken in and out of PHL and DCA. The delays I've experienced out of DCA where wx related (summer Thunderstorms up and down the NE Corridor) which really can't be directly attributed to the airline itself . Hell , all airlines are delayed in that scenario. Mesa on the other hand can"t seem to get out of it's own way regarding O/T, at least on the flight I J/S down to CLT on. And to think we took a 10 percent equity position in them rather than investing that money in the 2 wholly owned carriers we own out right . Go figure .

cv

I have to agree. I've never had an issue with Air Wisconsin flights out of DCA. Crew is always very pleasant. Flights have always been on time.

Funny . My experience on both Mesa and Air Wisconsin are just the opposite of what everyone else's experience has been regarding the express carriers. ie Air Wisconsin has been pretty reliable at least the flights I've taken in and out of PHL and DCA.
What does insider stats say about
Air Wisconsin and Mesa?

I use to fly the TransStates out of SBA and LAX and never had a problem.

We all have our personal opinion but what does operational stats show? What is the reliability for these carriers? I used Air Wiscancel many, many, many times in and out of the northeast and they would cancel 2 or three flights in a row. It wasn't uncommon and most often the excuse was "crew". They might have their stuff together but I'd like to know what their operations are like reliability wise.

Latest posts