Would DOH Work For You?

flybynite

Veteran
Nov 20, 2006
Charlotte NC
Visit site
How would you feel about using DOH or Date Of Hire as a means to intagrate seniority lists with US Airways Flight Attendants??

Do you feel like that's a fair and equitable means to do that?

And the law has changed since Kasher.

And a possible US/AA merger is totally different than the TW situation.

And the law has changed since Kasher.

And a possible US/AA merger is totally different than the TW situation.

I am still trying to figure out how Kasher came up with that whacked out formula. Unless AA merges with somebody or corrects the seniority integration issue with contract language that deal will live on forever.

What does US Airways seniority list look like?

For the US/HP merger both sides were represented by the AFA which uses strict DOH, putting most HP FA's lower on the combined list than most US FA's. What I don't know is whether there were any out of DOH order FA's on the original US side and if so how that was handled.

As has been mentioned, the new law has gone into effect since then and will govern any US/AA merger since at this point no employee classification on both sides has the same union representing both. That means arbitration if the two sides can't come to a consensual agreement.

Jim

For the US/HP merger both sides were represented by the AFA which uses strict DOH, putting most HP FA's lower on the combined list than most US FA's. What I don't know is whether there were any out of DOH order FA's on the original US side and if so how that was handled.

As has been mentioned, the new law has gone into effect since then and will govern any US/AA merger since at this point no employee classification on both sides has the same union representing both. That means arbitration if the two sides can't come to a consensual agreement.

Jim

It was just DOH....

Thanks. I wasn't sure whether all "east" FA's were in DOH order on their separate list or not - the pilots weren't.

Jim

Jim

Jim...I've never seen the combined list nor have you. That has been a bone of contention lately also. But I will say because they (AWA) weren't even operating before the 1900's US f/a's may have a leg up. :)

However, AA f/a's , bless their hearts, have been around since Queen Elizabeth.....I'm not sure why they don't hang it up.....work their garden...whatever. And I'm sure their people are asking the same thing.

I've seen their list....they have people on there from back in the sixes. A lot of them too. I was amazed.

Simple - staple everyone that earns over 50K .

Under 50k -25%.DOH. Yes there was language about station percentages, yada yada ...but
thats basically what TW got.

We were castrated but we moved on.

Live and learn...