Write it up In the cabin log.

lstwhknight

Oct 25, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Just wondering why F/As don''t write up items in the cabin needing attention.That jump seat with the torn cover,or the wrong size cushions in a seat,dirty carpets,reading lights out,tray tables broken or misadjusted,dirty seat covers etc.
If these things are written up in the cabin log,they get fixed.They will get fixed when found in an A check or service check (if found).
Passenagers only see the inside of an airlines cabin.That is the front line.Even if an aircraft is perfect outside (gears,engines etc.things a passenger never sees)it reflects badly on that airlines image having minor things wrong inside.Makes passenagers wonder what else is wrong I dont see.
I am more than happy to fix anything you find,as I would hope are the other mechanics.It helps out when it is written up,as it will get repaired at the next stop or the R.O.N. station.

I write up anything that my crew tells me about. One of our 747's has lights that flicker on and off during the flight, I have written it up 6 times and I flew home from HKG on Friday and guess what, it still flickers 1 year later.

----------------
On 7/31/2003 11:39:48 PM aflyboi22 wrote:

I write up anything that my crew tells me about. One of our 747's has lights that flicker on and off during the flight, I have written it up 6 times and I flew home from HKG on Friday and guess what, it still flickers 1 year later.

----------------​
Disco lights in a zone or just a column on a 747 can be tough to troubleshoot or to be sure you have the problem fixed. The vast majority of the time it can't be duplicated on the ground, and it makes the passengers nervous if we try to fix it in flight.
I have to agree that if something is wrong, please write it up. It won't fix itself and the majority of the time we aren't allowed to take the time to fix it without a log item.

Latest posts