WSJ: New AA colors?

Yep, but we've all known the composites and Airbus order pretty much doom AA's current livery.

Please, don't revive the original A300 grey, or the White Whales....

Yep, but we've all known the composites and Airbus order pretty much doom AA's current livery.

Please, don't revive the original A300 grey, or the White Whales....
707 gloss grey (which all fleets use on belly skins, fillets, vertical, horizontals and wings etc. Skydrol eats thru it like acid. The 757 uses aluminised (sp) on wings. Omni air and Fedex uses that terrible white. Shows every smudge or spot..very unclean looking. I've seen concept pic of the new paint scheme. Its more of a silver looking paint. Rumor mill has it..they may get buffed and logistasealed (sp).

707 gloss grey (which all fleets use on belly skins, fillets, vertical, horizontals and wings etc. Skydrol eats thru it like acid. The 757 uses aluminised (sp) on wings. Omni air and Fedex uses that terrible white. Shows every smudge or spot..very unclean looking. I've seen concept pic of the new paint scheme. Its more of a silver looking paint. Rumor mill has it..they may get buffed and logistasealed (sp).

So they keep the red/white/blue cheap the line but have a silver base instead of metallic? The present look is classic by the way.

I have read somewhere that Airbus could supply skins that can be buffed. Airbus worked with AA with the A300s, and their skins were buffed.

So they keep the red/white/blue cheap the line but have a silver base instead of metallic? The present look is classic by the way.

I have read somewhere that Airbus could supply skins that can be buffed. Airbus worked with AA with the A300s, and their skins were buffed.

If I remember correctly, the A300 skins did not get the chemical treatments that are done by Boeing in the US because of European, namely France, environmental and worker health issues. The skins were aluminum. Orinally they were painted, then Airbus worked with AA on a process which to buff them out. Not a problem because an American carrier wanted the bare skin look and the aircraft had already been manufactured.
We are now talking composites. The same with the 787. Not sure of what is going to be the end result.

I welcome a new paintjob.... that ugly unpainted silver needed to go away back in the 90s. That grey tail (because-they-just-couldn't-do-silver) on an otherwise all silver aircraft sticks out like a sore thumb.

I like the AA logo, but the paint job and everything else around was too messy. Perfect example - the backdrop at the gates and counters was sometimes dark, sometimes light, sometimes silver and sometimes patterned - just too many variations.

BTW, the F/A and CSR uniforms are the ugliest thing out there. Where the hell does yellow fit in the whole scheme of AA colors?

So, yes.... change it all.

I recall the old US stripe being some sort of a sticker/ tape with the curved areas of the nose and tail being painted.

Instead of getting excited about what the new livery will be, I'd be more concerned about how your new LIVELIHOODS will be like.

Instead of getting excited about what the new livery will be, I'd be more concerned about how your new LIVELIHOODS will be like.

The future for airline employees? If our government doesn't set limits on pricing soon, so that passengers wont be able to just strip away your livelihood with a click of a mouse, the future is very bleak my friend.

Unless you're cockpit or inflight you should really start looking for another career.

Reactions: 1 person
The future for airline employees? If our government doesn't set limits on pricing soon, so that passengers wont be able to just strip away your livelihood with a click of a mouse, the future is very bleak my friend.

Unless you're cockpit or inflight you should really start looking for another career.

Exatcly! Hence, who cares about what color scheme will be on new aircraft!