Wtf Happened In Phl Today?

Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Horrible loading delays today at the "crown jewel" hub. Part of it was due to yet another bag conveyor system breakdown (wasn't that system supposed to be replaced) but also big time staffing issues. (Was there an Eagles game today?)

Even by PHL standards, it was a rough one.

Anyone have any ideas/new/unfounded speculation?

SCOREBOARD
1st 2nd 3rd 4th T
Philadelphia 0 3 0 0 3
Pittsburgh 14 7 3 3 27

But it was in PIT! Even with the massive delays had mega bag claims by the end of the night. Looks like its time for the managers to get another trip to PHL to correct the problems. I checked the delays in the computer and you gotta love the one I saw " no one to load the plane" was the reason for the delay (it was about 80 mins long)!!!!

One of our inbnd flts from PHL took 3 hour delay leaving PHL due no one to load bags. Amazin...Crellin and Palladini really got a good grip on things there..... :rolleyes:

I feel for anyone who worked in PHL tonight. I fielded calls from some pretty irrate customers standing in line about 1230am waiting for bags. One gentleman was exceptionally unhappy and started getting a little personal with me. (Understatement of the day) I hope every thing is better tomorrow.

BTW, I had passengers that were being told there was a sick out or slow down by employees and it was on the news. Any truth to this?

GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe AC and Donna will soon be joining Charlie Martin in the unempolyment lines, as he was the "scapegoat" during the last debacle. :up:

Lets see, I make $400,000/yr at USAirways does that mean I only get $450/wk in unemployment..? Maybe I can hire some people for "Ready Reserve", oh yes, that will solve the problem in PHL...

Or maybe I could get them some equipment and staff the damn place, like it should be...! Then again, I could actually ASK the employees and try to solve the problem...But instead, I think I'll just do it the easy way and keep blaming them for my mistake in judgments.

It's a wonder why we are in BK2, they don't have a clue to the problems..!

Monday Nov. 8

Channel 3 news in PHL did a piece from the airport this morning at 5am. Interviewed a US PAX who was delayed for 6hrs. They stated the reason for the delay as "personel shortages". PAX were clearly frustrated and disgusted. Overall a very negative piece. I guess there is no need for advertising when news pieces like this are run. Who in their right mind would book US for the holidays? Embarrassing..............!!!!!!!!!!! :down:

First of all Al and Donna have to have the weekend off, come on how dare them work on a Sunday. Maybe at the starting wages their asking for and future employees hearing what they are trying to do to us, they can't find anyone to work. I am sure this is only the beginning to the end.......

I talked to OCC several times throughout the day. The biggest problem was the computer that keeps tracks of the daily staffing went OTS. Thus, when the managers arrived in the morning, they had no good idea as to who was working.
This was compounded by numerous rampers disappearing during the time the
Eagles-Steelers football game was being played. Further, when word spread about the computer, anecdotal reports indicate some rampers left the property, knowing it could not be proven if they worked or not.

You could staff this place 300% and it would not matter. There is a group of individuals that work harder at not working than working.

All in all, a wonderful work ethic in the CITY of BROTHERLY LOVE.

700UW, West Coast Guy, Pit Bull, Robbed Again, please do not respond. We all know what your canned response is going to be.

lindy

Hey folks,

Regardless of the truth, in cases like this perception rules. If it truly your intent to drive this thing into the ground, congratulations, you're on the right path.

If, however, you're trying to make a point, then you chose a bad way of doing it.

Allowing for the possibility that this was NOT a union slowdown, then there is really no excuse is there?

There is plenty of blame to go around. Instead of wasting your time pointing fingers, why don't you just fix it???

If things like this keep happening, there isn't going to be a company to save....

My best to you all...

First of all Lindy, you do not own the boards, so don't tell other posters not to respond, that is a job for the moderators.

Second, I have no idea of what happened in PHL, I don't work there nor in that department.

Third, PHL has been a problem for years and years, seem management does not know how to manage, considering they had management replaced, seems Crellin and Paladini don't care.

I know when there is a major problem going on and no one is there to lead, the place is doomed to fail. The news in Charlotte reported this morning that there were only 5 workers to handle 7 gates.

But hey Al got his $1.2 Million last year.

lindy said:
700UW, West Coast Guy, Pit Bull, Robbed Again, please do not respond. We all know what your canned response is going to be.

lindy
[post="198890"][/post]​

Since they are not allowed respond and I was not mentioned I'll take my minute.

Those people have been screwed over time and time again and you come on here like some work ethic policeman thinking you will make a difference when all you are doing is making yourself look bad.

People are people and after being treated like they have been for you to expect perfect behavior is foolishness. Your condescending attitude reeks of management’s style and tactics.

This shows where this company is heading as long as we have this type of management and people like you who think it's ok.

You are not going to change people into robots to do whatever you wish.

All I can ask is:
How many people from PHL or USairways did Southwest hire in PHL?

I figured there weouldn't be 10 responses to this topic before "somebody" would come out blaming management.

There isn't a CEO out there that could control the years of 'getting over" that has taken place inthis country. I would be the first one to point out all the mistakes that management has made that amounted to either zero or a loss. For the same people to continue to blame management for everything without realizing both sides of the problem shows an innabiity to properly debate any issue.

And you know who you are.

PITMTC,

PHL management has been changed time and time again, and the station continues the downward spiral, Al C needs to take responsibilty and fix the situation, after all he got $1.2 Million to be the Executive VP of Operations.