Year End Numbers

What you want to look at is the operating loss, which is real cash out. The bigger number you read about includes non cash write offs, which bring the balance sheet into line. The real operating loss is a lot lower, but still shows that more money goes out than comes in. If that continues, the end result is usually not productive.

Actually Deelmakur that's not correct. If you look at the report. the CASM number has a note reference (note #2) which specifically excludes those exraordinary charges and impairments for its calculation. Thus it reflects a more realistic cost/revenue picture based on what's really going on at an operational level.

Here's the quote:

"Note 2. Financial statistics exclude the revenues and expenses generate under capacity purchase arrangements US Airways has with certain US Airways Express air carriers. Financial statistics also exclude asset impairments and other special items, airline
stabilization act grant, merger termination fees and reorganization items, net."

I didn't read the actual footnotes, however what you are talking about are extraordinary items related to the mandatory impairment test now required of public companies, as well as what appear to be related party items between the company and some of its affiliates. I was speaking to depreciation and amortization, as well as adjustments to goodwill. No matter, since either way, it still does not look very promising.

Just to let your folks know....

WE WILL BE SELLING FOOD/SANDWICHES ON THE PLANES.

Next, there will be a charge to use the bathrooms, and a charge to use the overhead bins!

Since flight attendants are so short staffed with managements implementation of "new" staffing levels, and we have increased DUTIES that are similar to ball-park venders, I SAY LET'S PUT THE ICING ON THIS CAKE, AND PASS THE "TIP" TRAY!