1/27 Alpa Code-a-phone Update

Off topic.. Moderator please be considerate.

For USA320Pilot:

You made prior reference to a serious medical condition of your son. There is a lot of "banter" that goes back and forth on these threads; but, I at least for one, do consider all on these boards as members of the "Aviation Community", therefore Family, and would like to hear an update on your son's condition. I feel at least most on these boards feel the same way. If you do not feel comfortable with a public post, please pm me an update. Thanks.

Ual06:

Thanks for asking.

Our son received a traumatic blow to his left hip in a 7-year old soccer game in late October. The hit stopped the blood supply to his hipbone, which is now disintegrating and dying. He has progressed to a moderate stage of the disease and he is expected to enter the severe stage in the next few weeks.

He is under the care of a top Pittsburgh Children's Hospital Pediatric Orthopedic Physician who believes our son will need complex surgery to fix the problem. The surgery will require his hipbone to be permanently rotated 15 to 20 degrees, pins inserted into the femur and hipbone, and then in about one-year the pins will be surgically removed (a second major operation).

The next step will be another year of rehabilitation where he will end up with about 90% of his pre-injury mobility.

What's disheartening is that the injury did not have to occur, the event that caused the injury is suspect, and now, he is beginning to experience pain and discomfort. Unfortunately, we have to wait for the bone to fully die before we can have the surgical intervention and then we will go through the two-year recovery process where he will not be able to walk while the bone re-grows.

With that said, we are trying to remain positive since we have had other children killed in separate car accidents.

Thanks for your concern during this difficult time.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

the best of luck to you and your family and especially your son during his long recovery. My thoughts and Prayers are with you and your family.

My best to you and your son USA320Pilot !!

I hope you will find encouragment in the fact that I have a friend in CLT which sustained injuries in a mountain bike accident that caused exactly the same situation to play out in both hips.

My friend whom is twice your sons age , did have a long struggle with the needed operations and recovery periods , yet he emerged healthy and considerably wiser based on how he apllied the idle periods of time during this recovery process.

I'm sure that your son is every bit as much a fighter...and will with love and care from good parents , rise from what seems ominous at present.

My best wishes , with all differences aside go out to you and your family !!

Gods Speed on his recovery !!!!

US A320 Pilot,
Best wishes for a speedy recovery for your son. I'm sure all readers of this board wish the best to your family. Best wishes also to all of our futures in commercial aviation. I'm sure we all share the same dreams, and our careers grew along similar lines. We are all more similar than different. Hang in there everybody.

Children are the only true innocents in the World.

To Children, Miracles are real evidenced by an excited smile with the discovery of a quarter under a pillow or presents under a tree.

Monsters are real... living under beds and in closets.

Poor family, rich family, single parent, grandparent – a child sleeps peacefully and secure under any roof.

A Child’s trust is complete and unquestioning. There’s Superman and there’s Dad. There’s Wonder Woman and there’s Mom. The distinction is blurred in a Child’s eyes. In their innocent world they know that any one of the Four could equally protect her or him with the power of a protective embrace.

My Daughter’s a Nurse. She emotionally describes Children as the bravest of all Heroes. With all their Imagination, with all their fears of Monsters in the darkness, with all their beliefs in Miracles... There’s no human, other than a Child, who faces the sometimes inevitable with more Acceptance and more Bravery. And that’s the deepest hurt for a Parent, because with all their Superhuman Powers they can’t always keep their Children safe.

Two years is a long time, 320Pilot. But with your genes and tenacity, I am confident of a 100% recovery – not 90%.

USA320,
My heart goes out to you and your family! It sounds like you all have been through a lot! Your son will be in my prayers! When you step back and think about it, all of this company stuff is trivial compared to the health and well being of our families! I wish your son the best for a speedy recovery.

God Bless,

GeezLouis

I pray for the 100% healing of your son, USA320pilot. I took the liberty of posting your letter on our Stores web site. I hope our united prayers help to support you and your family through this time.

Sincerely, Bob

Stores

God Bless and Good Luck. My thoughts are with you and your family durring this tough time.

USA Pilot,

I would like to add my thoughts and prayers for you and your family. I hope all goes well and your son has a swift and permanent recovery.

Best wishes as always.

Back