2 330-200s coming soon

Jan 11, 2006
My crystal ball says that USAIRWAYS will be getting 2 330-200s from Swiss International Airlines VERY SOON!!! I am seeing also - they will be on the east certificate and flown by east crews..

you mean they won't be used as a big bus between PHX and LAS?

Who knows - I bet they could give FUNG - WAH a run for their money ... LOL... My crystal ball also says they will stay in the configuration of 12 first and 24 business.. at least for awhile....

US does not offer a F/C on the 330s anymore, they were sold as Envoy before they pulled the seats out.

I heard the same thing last week. Swiss is getting rid of a few. If you look them up on airliners.net or jetphotos.net they are rather plush for our operation. Oh, I can't imagine how we will "modify" them. Grab a bottle, hunker down and pay for daylight!

US does not offer a F/C on the 330s anymore, they were sold as Envoy before they pulled the seats out.

Not correct - They sell them as envoy, also - with the 330200s - they will have nice first seats that are not in line with the rest of the fleet... Or so that is what the good ole crystal ball is saying... Stay tuned....

Those First Class seats were from an era gone by for the NEW USAirways. As Sally F called it, The Lord and Lady Rothchild Service. It was something to behold....and be proud of. Only got to serve it one time but boy an experaince.

Those First Class seats were from an era gone by for the NEW USAirways. As Sally F called it, The Lord and Lady Rothchild Service. It was something to behold....and be proud of. Only got to serve it one time but boy an experaince.
My wife and I non-revved over to Frankfurt when we had it. What an awesome experience. Had the pajama's even. Even as non-revs, we were treated excellent. I asked for a couple of bottles of Baileys and the flight attendant said they only have the large bottles(so I said "just bring 1 then"). Great crews and service. Wish we had that back.

Oh, I can't imagine how we will "modify" them. Grab a bottle, hunker down and pay for daylight!

I think the typical west philosophy of thinking the entire world is like PHX and LAS will prevail. All coat closets will be gone (who wears coats in Europe anyway?) There will be a nice 27 in pitch in coach, thus adding about 50 or 60 more seats. And those nice Swiss first class chairs will get two seat belts each, thus doubling the capacity in those rows.

I was simply awed by the service I observed during the time I flew that airplane while the "real" first class service was happening. Even though I never got to actually be a recipient of the niceties from sitting in row one, we at least got some really incredible "table scraps" up in the cockpit!

Also, I love your avatar. Though fictitious, Karen Walker is my hero. I'd love to figuratively walk in her Manolo Blahniks for a mile, or two, or two thousand, or two million!

My crystal ball says that USAIRWAYS will be getting 2 330-200s from Swiss International Airlines VERY SOON!!! I am seeing also - they will be on the east certificate and flown by east crews..

My understanding is that the A/C in question are A340-300's, not 330's. Perhaps I heard incorrectly? They would be the first of the ( up to 5) 340's we will need for China and will begin service on TLV.
Anyone have the correct info?

ooo.. the A340s will be even BETTER for the LAS/PHX shuttle... although I doubt the plane will ever make it to 10,000 :)

its gonna be fun watching that plane try to climb out of LAS... GWPS will be going off until they turn south :p

didn't someone say that Airbus stole the BAe 146 planes and made it a widebody, then called it an A340??

Oh Karen, she is so bad but so great at the same time! Just love her character!
The 330 First under Wolf was not to be outdone. It was to his specification PERIOD. And no one questioned it because we were proud of the product! Now, it's willey nilly because no one cares. It's slop on a white plate no matter how nice you smile. I was so nervous serving that product in old 1st. It was as thought I were serving Queen Elizabeth II. The china was shaking I am sure! Like the neighbor lady Elizabeth on Keeping Up Appearances....LOL
View attachment 6722

Latest posts

Back