2 A-321's delivered Simultaneously on April 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now think it through, snark...

Two crews, one West, one East, same hotel, sharing a little libation and bar talk in the pub the evening before leaving Hamburg on the identical routes.....

Pilots can be boys too.

Getting the picture?
I did think it through. Knowing how those trips go, anyone even thinking of violating certification limits on an aircraft has my complete and total disdain. I am sure that should anyone wish, an examination of filed flight plans vs actual reports could unveil such stupidity. All someone has to do is to make the request through a local FAA office, using your post as probable cause.

If you must resort to breaking limits of an aircraft to "win" a contest, you are not a pilot. If you can not use an experienced skill-set to "win" without resorting to violating limits, then you need to be grounded, permanently, your judgement is not conducive to safe pilotage.

Weren't you the one who suggested taxiing into a gate with hot brakes, "before the tires deflate", endangering everyone in the ramp area? If you are, indeed, a pilot, I would suggest you hang up your wings before you hurt someone other than yourself.

Delivery flights are made by members of management, not line pilots.

Where did anyone say the crews were line pilots?

I just happen to know, and have flown with, the West crew who flew one of the aircraft in question. All they do is the delivery/mx ferry flights. You are correct in that they are not line pilots. But members of management? Not so.....

I'll just leave this one right here. Too many contrarian posters in an otherwise innocent thread.

Now think it through, snark...

Two crews, one West, one East, same hotel, sharing a little libation and bar talk in the pub the evening before leaving Hamburg on the identical routes.....

Pilots can be boys too.

Getting the picture?
Maybe I read more into it, but you said crews, Management pilots are not regular crew members nor are part of a flight crew.

...... in an otherwise innocent thread.
Implying pilots in our profession break rules and deliberately put fellow humans at risk, on a public bulletin board, is pretty demeaning, not just to the profession, but to all the US pilots. I can only hope you are not on a pilot list because, in my experience, those who talk like you are either doing permanent desk duty or six feet under.

So, HP outsources ferry flights?

Jim,

You know what I am really saying, they are not rank and file pilots.

Weren't you the one who suggested taxiing into a gate with hot brakes, "before the tires deflate", endangering everyone in the ramp area? If you are, indeed, a pilot, I would suggest you hang up your wings before you hurt someone other than yourself.

Actually? = No. The actually suggested protocol from the poster was to taxi into the gate area.."before the fuse plugs melt"...Now? It's merely to violate both aircraft operating restrictions and NAT track requirements. You just can't make this sort of stuff up. :blink:

"If you are, indeed, a pilot, I would suggest you hang up your wings before you hurt someone other than yourself." No joke there.

The comparing of any two aircraft's time/fuel burn/etc enroute is meaningless. Winds aloft continually change just for starters. NYC hit it with his observation that the two would pretty much need to be in fingertip formation..and even that'd have to suppose that #2 had sufficient fuel reserves to make the constantly needed adjustments.

Who the hell even cares who got where first.. Jesus!! The point is 2 321's were delivered at the same time. It was nice to read something positive or at least interesting around here before "certain people" had to turn it into some huge debate of who beat who. Amazing the middle aged toddlers that work for this airline!

Actually aircraft acceptance and delivery are performed by a group of regular line pilots. Most of the time they fly whatever their seniority can hold but when needed for new aircraft pickup, MX test or delivery they are pulled off of the line on CB (company business). I don't believe that any of these pilots are in management. (This is how it works in the west, I have no idea how the east handles this.)

It may be splitting hairs here but as this flying is assigned and not put out for bid you may or may not consider this flying as "management flying" vs. "line flying".

The pilots who do this kind of flying are akin to check airman. Some people consider them line pilots while others characterize them as management pilots. It's a matter of perspective but none of the pilots I know from either group call themselves management pilots.

A simple way to probably figure out if they are management or line pilots is I know in the IAM when a member goes into management, they can choose to pay their dues for six months to retain seniority in the six month period, after that, their seniority stands still while others pass them by, they no longer pay dues and are not a member of the union.

How does/did ALPA and USAPA handle when a line pilot goes into management?

Do they still pay dues or not?

A simple way to probably figure out if they are management or line pilots is I know in the IAM when a member goes into management, they can choose to pay their dues for six months to retain seniority in the six month period, after that, their seniority stands still while others pass them by, they no longer pay dues and are not a member of the union.

How does/did ALPA and USAPA handle when a line pilot goes into management?

Do they still pay dues or not?

Check airmen pay dues.

Chief pilots, assistant chiefs, fleet managers, training managers etc. do not.

... before "certain people" had to turn it into some huge debate of who beat who. Amazing the middle aged toddlers that work for this airline!
I think only one "toddler" "cared" who won the "race". The rest of the posters are simply pointing out the "toddler's" reckless assertions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back