$2 Coach Fares And $39 In First (Merged topics)

What is even funnier are the number of employees who got a deal! Briefing after briefing went out..don't book it....blah blah, but if it was done on the website who is going to stop you.
I know one employee who got about 10 roundtrips...including next year!

I was working today and could not run home to use a computer to book anything.....finally they took all of the inventory out, but the fares will not be out until sometime tomorrow.

As soon as I got home I tried to get on USAirways.com but for the first time ever, could not get on.

I wonder how many seats we gave away today......

Hope it does not effect my buyout! Ha!

livingontheedge said:
As soon as I got home I tried to get on USAirways.com but for the first time ever, could not get on.
[post="262648"][/post]​
So what did you think about the award winning web site? :blink:

Some of these fares are still up on orbitz and you could probably book them. CRW-ART $2+ ART to SFO, LAS, SEA, LAX, PHX, IAH, the big FL cities (I'm tired of typing codes), ATL ... all $2+ RT.

I grabbed one this afternoon, CRW-ART then ART-IAH and back 2 days later. The PIT-CLT-IAH segs both ways confirmed in F. Total fare... $71.70. It'll keep me in GP next year... assuming airline is still around.

youngblood said:
I almost had an accident laughing. Typical U FUBAR.
[post="262667"][/post]​

How does a $2 fare get in the system anyway? Has to be a FU... or a disgruntled employee?

I wonder how many tickets were booked today at these fares?

jimcfs said:
How does a $2 fare get in the system anyway? Has to be a FU... or a disgruntled employee?

[post="262669"][/post]​

It had to be a FU. I don't think anyone would deliberately put fares like that in the system. Especially since it could more than likely be traced back to whomever loaded them.

I t almost makes me want to cry in a way. Here I am struggling to bring this miserable part of my life to an end. I have lost over 30% of my pay. The cost of living goes higher and I can't pay my bills. I see something like this and can't understand (for the life of me) why anyone would have thought about voting in yet more concessions - 60% of our membership must have thought this airline was actually being run by someone. Day in and day out I have the freakin gestapo breathing down my neck about numbers. I get reprimanded for actually providing customer service. I have seen more FUs by management and the like with absolutely no retribution what so ever. And to put the icing on the cake, I get a damn letter from Lakefield today stating he knows how difficult it has been and to hang in there. What a damn joke this all is.

jimcfs said:

[post="262669"][/post]​
As sad as it sounds, it isn't hard at all to get a $2 fare out there. It can be a very simple, mindless error, and if you don't double check or check the system warnings that pop up when fares that low are released you can miss it. And of course US was unlucky enough to do it last thing on Friday evening, when people have gone home and have little staff on the weekend. Plus there are fewer fare releases on the weekend than on weekdays, so it takes longer for the correct fares to load.

I'd like to know how many were sold too, and if I had time I could probably find out, but I don't care that much and don't have the time. I would like to know how many FFOCUS members bought tickets though...

whlinder said:
I would like to know how many FFOCUS members bought tickets though...
[post="262711"][/post]​

Guilty as charged. I booked one full RT through ART. I should have... could have booked more but didn't.

I do know one FFOCUS member who booked at least 10 RTs yesterday and others who did some booking, but I don't know to what extent yet.

Would this latest debacle be the result of outsourcing the "tech" work on the website or actually an internal error?

Well look at the bright side, another load factor record could be set and management could reward themselves with another bonus!!! :up: :up: :up:

Back