2 days this month so far with 100% completion

So we've had two days with %100 completion and it's all management's fault for not being WN. :lol: Just more proof that no good news come come through here without being twisted into condemnation. The critics will never be satisfied no matter what the metrics say, no matter the company does; it is perpetually guilty of not being Southwest Airlines.

I think it just goes to show that US has massive potential and talent, even with A-hole management, petulant pilots and a chorus of internet haters. Despite our best efforts, it seems like everyone's pulled together and done a good job.
Pilots are giving management a pass? Enjoy it while you can.

Just curious Sparrow as to why you put down the east in one post and then come back with another post like this.

You like playing both sides of the fence? Or are you desperately craving attention?

No! There is good and bad on both sides of the fence. Long before you got here I have long stated that you cannot not have true customer satisfaction until you have employee satisfaction. This was my view in 2000 and it's my view now.

There is a very good book on the topic by Hal Rosenbluth titled "The Customer Comes Second: Put Your People First and Watch 'em Kick Butt" it's readily available through Amazon and the like. If you're unfamiliar with Mr Rosenbluth click on the link for his bio Bio Here

Here is a snippet from a review of the book:

"In my opinion, a companies commitment to its values are tested mostly in adversity. And Rosenbluth certainly demonstrated the strength of its peoples commitment to each other and to the company. When the layoffs (or furloughs) were announced, people reacted by voluntarily offering to work for less money. People who could afford it asked to be furloughed in stead of colleagues who couldn’t afford it. Leaders took pay cuts, so less of their people would have to be fired.

And those who were furloughed came by Hal Rosenbluths office in large numbers – to thank him and the company for the good times. I have seen other companies in trouble, and believe me, this sort of behavior is not common."

No Way this happens at US, the employees would shut the place down in less then a heartbeat.

Mainline Posts Second 100% Completion Factor in Less than a Week!
US Airways mainline posted a 100% completion factor (CF) yesterday for the second time in less than a week – a 100% CF was achieved last Tuesday, Oct. 11. This means that we had no cancellations and operated each and every one of our more than 1,200 scheduled flights yesterday. In addition, CLT posted a first bank percentage of 100% ensuring that all departures before 9 a.m. local time blocked out at or before scheduled departure time. Congratulations on a job well done!

Congrats to all!

Looks like the injunction against the east pilot's union is working.

I didn't know that the rampers and inside agents were working under an injunction....
Rampers (unless they ram a plane with the belt loader) and agents have almost nothing to do with completion rate. Even weather/atc seldom affect, except indirectly, the completion rate. If the flight departs at all and eventually arrives at it's destination it counts as completed.

Jim

Rampers (unless they ram a plane with the belt loader) and agents have almost nothing to do with completion rate. Even weather/atc seldom affect, except indirectly, the completion rate. If the flight departs at all and eventually arrives at it's destination it counts as completed.

Jim

Jim, The point being made is there is more to an airline than the pilots....

Latest posts

Back