2003 MOAC

Duke787

Veteran
Feb 6, 2008
ord
Has anybody else noticed that it took 2 weeks to decimate our contract, but the company can't come up with a reasonable TA in 2 plus years?

It's been pretty obvious by my postings that I'm a company guy, and enjoy working at AA, but I cannot figure out why Arpey feels the need to exacerbate employee and management relations. There are always those people that complain about everything, but now it seems like most employee's have a resentful attitude toward the company. Seven years of bonus's for the executives and nothing for the employee's will do that, I'm pretty sure any executive could do a good job with billion's of dollars given to them from the labor force. I don't think this is what C.R. Smith would have wanted.

I am not trying to be a ass but thanks for finally noticing what the rest of us are pissed off about. this is excatly why we said turn down the T/A because it was just another concession. you tell me when have you had enough.

People keep saying AMP will give away jiobs I say we don't give anymore not jobs not money not anything this time we get somethings back period.

Has anybody else noticed that it took 2 weeks to decimate our contract, but the company can't come up with a reasonable TA in 2 plus years?

It's been pretty obvious by my postings that I'm a company guy, and enjoy working at AA, but I cannot figure out why Arpey feels the need to exacerbate employee and management relations. There are always those people that complain about everything, but now it seems like most employee's have a resentful attitude toward the company. Seven years of bonus's for the executives and nothing for the employee's will do that, I'm pretty sure any executive could do a good job with billion's of dollars given to them from the labor force. I don't think this is what C.R. Smith would have wanted.

I think that everybody here likes this industry, we enjoy what we do but most of the people in management just love the money, they would be just as happy collecting their millions selling disposable diapers. The days of CR Smith are long gone, instead we have people , like Horton, who bounce in and out, wherever the dollar or title is bigger telling us that we are worthless, we get paid too much and we dont produce enough, they tell us that working crazy shifts, weekends and Holidays should not get you anything extra but you wont see them at Centerport any of those times.

You are loyal to people who value you no differently than a chock, use it up and throw it away. I know you do it for the manager you've known for years, well whether he knows it or not he's just a chock in their eyes too, and you arent doing what you do for him you are both doing it for them. The difference is unlike a chock we can fight back and get a fair value for what we give. Now that you see what they are all about, how they could have come to a fair deal if they wanted to are you ready to start fighting back? Thats the only way they will be fair. We dont seek to destroy the airline but we cant let those who control it destroy us just because they claim they are doing it in the name of saving the company.

I for one am tired of being referred to as a scab or spineless just because I am capable of thinking beyond the next six months. I also love this profession and have enjoyed my career at AA. I'm not quite ready for retirement and frankly don't want to see our jobs flushed out to El Salvador whether it is by AMP or flat out bankruptcy.

So yes, I am pissed off too but am not willing to work against my own interest just to spite management!

I for one am tired of being referred to as a scab or spineless just because I am capable of thinking beyond the next six months. I also love this profession and have enjoyed my career at AA. I'm not quite ready for retirement and frankly don't want to see our jobs flushed out to El Salvador whether it is by AMP or flat out bankruptcy.

So yes, I am pissed off too but am not willing to work against my own interest just to spite management!

I respect peoples opinions regardless of the side of the debate. and using the term scab or spineless is not appropriate. The issue I have with your and opinions like yours, is at some point you have to stop succumbing to company threats because they will continue to do it until you work for minimum wage and pay 100% of your beneifts.
The company is very good at trying to instill fear in the workers to accept whatever they wish to jam down your throat. Having been here for nearly 4 decades, I have learned that this company will never stop trying to destroy its workers. If gone unchecked, all you will get is a paycheck at depressed wages and that's it. You will pay for everything yourself....unless of course you are at the top oif the food chain.

Latest posts

Back