2008 Profit Sharing

Looks like the employees will be lucky if US doesn't start a loss sharing plan - pay the company when there are losses. For the first 6 months, the net loss was over $800 million and additional losses for the 3rd and 4th quarters are expected by the analysts.

Jim

Looks like the employees will be lucky if US doesn't start a loss sharing plan - pay the company when there are losses. For the first 6 months, the net loss was over $800 million and additional losses for the 3rd and 4th quarters are expected by the analysts.

Jim
LOL US Airways revolutionizes the airline industry by incorporating first ever LOSS SHARING PLAN. hahahhaha I thought the same thing.
That's funny!

BTW, hurry back to the drive-thru. Your replacement keeps mumbling about ala card and charging me 5 cents for straws and 10 cents for napkins.....

Jim

BTW, hurry back to the drive-thru. Your replacement keeps mumbling about ala card and charging me 5 cents for straws and 10 cents for napkins.....

Jim
you know, you might have heard wrong, I was all offended because I thought my Dr. had something rude to say about my employee id which fell out of my bag, but it turns out he wasn't saying "I have Tacky Card, Yeah?" he was explaining some kind of heart condition. I forgave him but for a second there, I was like, WHO takes good ID photos? WHO?!? seriously!! What were we talking about again? Right, profit sharing. Hahaha, sorry, I'm not supposed to laugh this hard.

Good one. You have been hiding your sense of humor.

LOL US Airways revolutionizes the airline industry by incorporating first ever LOSS SHARING PLAN. hahahhaha I thought the same thing.
That's funny!

The flight attendants should remember at the ratification of our agreement we gave RETROACTIVE PAY CUTS. We paid the company back over a four month period. (True Story!)

Jim

A lot of that $800 million loss was a one time write off. The actual operating loss was $236 million in the 1st qtr and $101 in the second; or $337 total. Still, there is no way there will be any profit shating for 2008. It will be interesting to see if the A la Carte charges will have a positive affect on the 3rd quarter report.

You are correct about the operating loss, but profit sharing is determined by net results excluding special items. That number was $340 for the 1st and 2nd quarter combined.

Jim

Latest posts

Back