2009 LAYOFFS

bunt3dunk

Aug 17, 2008
WITH THE ALREADY ANNOUNCED 9 % REDUCTION IN FLYING IN 2009 AND THE ECONOMY IN THE TANK WHAT DOES ANYONE HEAR ABOUT REDUCTIONS IN FORCE.WHILE FLYING LAST WEEK IT SEEMS LIKE THE WEST IS SEVERLY OVERSTAFFED WITH FLIGHT ATTENDANTS IN PHX.ALSO PIT IS TOP HEAVY IN STAFFING FOR THE GATES AND RAMP.WHEN DO YOU THINK THE PLANS FOR 2009 WILL BE ANNOUNCED , RIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS WOULD SEEM APPROPRIATE.

WITH THE ALREADY ANNOUNCED 9 % REDUCTION IN FLYING IN 2009 AND THE ECONOMY IN THE TANK WHAT DOES ANYONE HEAR ABOUT REDUCTIONS IN FORCE.WHILE FLYING LAST WEEK IT SEEMS LIKE THE WEST IS SEVERLY OVERSTAFFED WITH FLIGHT ATTENDANTS IN PHX.ALSO PIT IS TOP HEAVY IN STAFFING FOR THE GATES AND RAMP.WHEN DO YOU THINK THE PLANS FOR 2009 WILL BE ANNOUNCED , RIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS WOULD SEEM APPROPRIATE.

Given the current economy, coupled with the volatility of oil, I would believe that plans in Tempe change daily, as they should.

You mention your concerns with PHX: DP has stated many times that yields are much stronger in PHL and even CLT, so I would be more concerned if I were based in PHX (LAS). More flying has left PHX/ LAS because more flying is unprofitable in PHX/ LAS.

You also mention PIT...... :ph34r:

You also mention PIT...... :ph34r:

It is an absolute disgrace what they did to that beautiful hub. They murdered a jewel of a hub and stripped the entire airline of its pride. With oil around $55, it is time to bring PIT back.

It is an absolute disgrace what they did to that beautiful hub. They murdered a jewel of a hub and stripped the entire airline of its pride. With oil around $55, it is time to bring PIT back.

It was costume jewelry. Looked nice; not worth a lot (to the bottom line anyway.)

"Stripped the entire airline of its pride?" Hardly. While its never pleasant to see people lose jobs or get displaced, PIT wasn't the first hub to lose it's status. And, given the mixture of where the folks at this airline where originally hired, many of us could not have cared less about losing PIT as a hub. We lost DAY, SYR, ROA, BWI, LAX, etc. To most of us, PIT was just another one on the list.

PIT people had WAAAAAY too large an opinion of themselves and their "gem," IMHO.

Definitely a nice airport, though. Many white elephants begin that way. (Think of the T-Rex skeleton next to the escalators down from the airside in PIT as a metaphor for the hub....maybe that will help you see how many of us think of PIT.)

Yes, I think it is on page 36 of DP's pack of lies. The first 36 pages deal with the untruths told to the FF's.
But you ain't bitter, right? :lol: He never called back.. it happens...

When is WN adding the 50+ flights people predicted ~2 years ago? (I'll dig up the thread if people forgot...)

Well, it is, supposedly, still an important station. Tempe has been pretty vigilant about cutting the fat; do you know if PIT is top heavy as compared with other stations its size? Doubt that would go unnoticed.

A Station Director, Customer Service Manager, Ramp Manager, Admin Manager, and a Manager to shine their shoes.

What other fifty flight station has all of those?

We'll according to the newest news in PHX, they will be bringing back more flying in and out of our HUB for 2009. Our Union 66 has gotten news for increase lines for PHX based fa's in the next year. Good news. I don't see US Airways losing an West Coast Hub until another merger takes place.(UNITED) The West pilot's have a provision in there transition aggreement and I am sure the East does too, where the company is limited on further Domestic cuts to Mainline flying. I believe we will see drastic cuts from express, MESA AIR and maybe Republic in the next year.

But you ain't bitter, right? :lol: He never called back.. it happens...
Bitter, nah...I'm used to not getting a call back...

But, when I reported them to the AG's office...they sure did call me quickly to "resolve our differences". Fools.

Back