267 shares? What a joke!

BigMac said:
Yes @ $ 26.21 earlier today. I had two windows open at the time. The google link and the Compushare sell windows. Compushare #s can run up to 20 minutes behind the google real time link I posted. I clicked sell as soon as I seen the google # hit $26.21. The page then confirmed I had sold 214 shares at $26.21. There are many options selling and receiving your shares. You can set it up to sell any number of shares only when it reaches a certain amount. Example: say you want to sell 50 shares but only if it reaches $40 a share. Also I set mine up for direct deposit in my personal bank.
The wise thing to do is transfer the balance to your OWN broker account...More of a full service online one. If you don't have one,,,,,open one up. 

MetalMover said:
The wise thing to do is transfer the balance to your OWN broker account...More of a full service online one. If you don't have one,,,,,open one up. 
Any recommendations?

It's really not complicated. You're confusing the value of your claim with the value of the currency you're being paid in...
  • The number of shares assigned to each unsecured creditor was a fixed value equal to the value of their claim against AMR.

• The number of restricted shares set aside for unsecured creditors was a fixed number, or percentage of shares. That's registered with the SEC as part of the perspectus, and was used by outside investors to make their buying decisions after the listing opened. If the number of shares needed to settle the claims works out to be fewer than the number set aside, the company has the right (and obligation) to sell those shares to interested parties who also qualified for the restricted stock

Bottom line... You negotiated to receive a guaranteed payment, and took no risk.

Think of it as being paid in US$ by a company who deals in Euros... when the exchange rate fluctuates, the amount they pay you goes up/down, but you get paid the same regardless.

In this case, the company set aside a certain value in Euros, and the exchange rate is working in their favor that they pay a little less, but now have leftover cash. That's theirs. Had the rate gone the other way, there would be no leftover, and the company might have to pay more to make up the difference.

Had your unions taken the approach to negotiate for an ownership stake on a % basis instead of a $ value, you'd participate in the upswing, but you'd also risk taking a hit if the stock floundered on issue like Facebook did.

AANOTOK said:
Any recommendations?
I suggested another online broker because it would be cheaper to trade stock if you want to sell it increments as desired. And possibly buy other equities.  You would want a broker with no fees such as account inactivity and low trade costs. But still have good investment tools and service.
Having said that, if you have no interest in trading other than selling your current socket,,,,,you might be best just paying the computershare fee for each transaction.

eolesen said:
It's really not complicated. You're confusing the value of your claim with the value of the currency you're being paid in...
  • The number of shares assigned to each unsecured creditor was a fixed value equal to the value of their claim against AMR.

• The number of restricted shares set aside for unsecured creditors was a fixed number, or percentage of shares. That's registered with the SEC as part of the perspectus, and was used by outside investors to make their buying decisions after the listing opened. If the number of shares needed to settle the claims works out to be fewer than the number set aside, the company has the right (and obligation) to sell those shares to interested parties who also qualified for the restricted stock

Bottom line... You negotiated to receive a guaranteed payment, and took no risk.

Think of it as being paid in US$ by a company who deals in Euros... when the exchange rate fluctuates, the amount they pay you goes up/down, but you get paid the same regardless.

In this case, the company set aside a certain value in Euros, and the exchange rate is working in their favor that they pay a little less, but now have leftover cash. That's theirs. Had the rate gone the other way, there would be no leftover, and the company might have to pay more to make up the difference.

Had your unions taken the approach to negotiate for an ownership stake on a % basis instead of a $ value, you'd participate in the upswing, but you'd also risk taking a hit if the stock floundered on issue like Facebook did.
I never thought that I would want the price of my stock go DOWN for the next 4 months!

MetalMover said:
I never thought that I would want the price of my stock go DOWN for the next 4 months!
Why would you want it to go down?   The higher it goes, the more total value you get.

Yes, if the price rises in the next 120 days and stays up, then your distribution on day 120 will be fewer shares, but the total number of shares you'll get multiplied by the share price will be higher than if the stock price stays steady or goes down.

Employees will get a fixed PERCENTAGE of the new stock issued.   Thing is, nobody knows how many shares will be issued until day 120.   If the stock price goes down, then the unsecured creditors (the non-employee creditors) will get additional shares to satisfy their fixed dollar claims.    If they get additional shares, then so will the employees, so that the employees will get their fixed percentage of the total shares issued.

If the stock skyrockets, then the fixed dollar creditors will not get as many new shares and thus the employees won't need to get as many additional shares to maintain their fixed percentage of the total number of shares issued.    

One more time:   the higher the stock goes, the more value will be received by the employees. 

FWAAA said:
Why would you want it to go down?   The higher it goes, the more total value you get.

In this case i would rather have MORE shares albeit at a lower price.....getting stock at a much higher price leaves it nowhere to go but down.

Latest posts

Back