276 And Going Lower

700UW

Corn Field
Nov 11, 2003
NC
With A/C 701, 702 and 703 at GYR in AZ parked due to being out of time and 706 is in CLT getting prepped to be flown to GYR as it is out of time also, 707 and 101 run out of time on the 29th, A/C 428 was returned the the lessor, A/C 350 is parked in long term storage and one 757 is parked in CLT out of time.

This will bring the active mainline jets down to 276 planes.

Another Collective Bargaining Agreement Violation for Dave and his posse.

Hey 700UW,

What's up with the 757 parked being out of time? Is it a hanger space issue in CLT?

Reading this just gives you an idea of the type of mismanagment U currently has onboard........given the number of A/C and the useage per day I think even a third grade math class could come up with a time frame of when the A/C run out of time!!!!!! But lets not forget the important thing....I am told there are no longer any chairs on the hangar floor!!!!!! :p

how much does it cost usair each that an aircraft is parked and with all the aircraft
parked mentioned in this web page? It woul dhave to be astronomical

The company still has to pay full operating leases on each plane and that varies, they still have to play insurance, the ones parked at GYR I believe the rates are lowered.

In the court case with the IAM the company claimed they are losing $43,000 per plane per day in lost revenue, so just for the three buses every eight days they have lost over a one million dollars.

This is all from the same guys that say "trust us". Why are the unions not ranting about them being under 279 aircraft?

--In PIT all of the hanger Mechanic's chairs were thrown away. They are not permitted to sit by their toolbox during breaks and lunch. They have even been told they are not allowed to stand near their toolboxes then and must go into the break room. Now this is what is important to the talent running the place. As you know most of the younger guys are laid off. Very few Mechanics are in their 30's most are 40's, 50's and into their 60's. I feel so much better knowing they have such great leadership talent.

"They are not permitted to sit by their toolbox during breaks and lunch. They have even been told they are not allowed to stand near their toolboxes then and must go into the break room. "

Is this for real?! What does mgmt. care if you are there during your lunch or break period? Am I missing something here? :shock:

these guys are nut if there over 55 they should walk take the penison
then they shove the chair right up somebodys you know what

pitguy said:
This is all from the same guys that say "trust us". Why are the unions not ranting about them being under 279 aircraft?

--In PIT all of the hanger Mechanic's chairs were thrown away. They are not permitted to sit by their toolbox during breaks and lunch. They have even been told they are not allowed to stand near their toolboxes then and must go into the break room. Now this is what is important to the talent running the place. As you know most of the younger guys are laid off. Very few Mechanics are in their 30's most are 40's, 50's and into their 60's. I feel so much better knowing they have such great leadership talent.
I brought these facts to deleted attention with no results so far. I can only assume that they are happy with the way their management is toying with employees. It's like they are pissed because we are holding them accountable to the TWICE signed CONCESSIONARY contracts. The more they mess with the employees the less they will do, it's only human to respond in kind.

You have this kind of crap and then you have certain posters that are employees on here begging us to please sign more concessionary contracts. These kinds of people are jelly fish having no self worth and are the kind who will perish with U if it comes to that. In this corner we have the people who stand up and take no more, and in this other corner we have the people who have a twisted sense of self worth asking for more abuse.

The post I put up is correct as you read it. Why did the company do it? Who knows. It makes no sense to me. This type of leadership is what Mechanics have to deal with from time to time as I believe other areas do also. I can assure hundreds of Mechanic were effected by this. The mounds of chairs were thrown out into the outside dumpsters. If you had a personal chair that was your private property and did not remove it (so much if you were on vacation or out ill) was to be thrown out to as I know for fact at least one personal chair was. Gee were can people sign to give more to these clowns. I know where the problem lies. Fix it Dave before coming to the employees.

Latest posts

Back