3rd quarter unit revenue up about 10% over last year

FWAAA

Veteran
Jan 5, 2003
In today's Eagle Eye, AA announced that mainline unit revenue is expected to be up about 10% over the 3rd quarter of 2007; roughly the same with consolidated unit revenue (which includes Eagle).

Cargo and other revenue is up "substantially" over the same period last year.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?...hdHRhY2g9T04%3d

Good news for those who'd like a pay raise; looks like AA might actually have the money as long as fuel prices moderate.

In today's Eagle Eye, AA announced that mainline unit revenue is expected to be up about 10% over the 3rd quarter of 2007; roughly the same with consolidated unit revenue (which includes Eagle).

Cargo and other revenue is up "substantially" over the same period last year.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?...hdHRhY2g9T04%3d

Good news for those who'd like a pay raise; looks like AA might actually have the money as long as fuel prices moderate.

It also reinforces my suspicions on why all of a sudden there is a rush on getting a new contract in place by the International.

Thanks Fwaaa

UA, by comparison, is hurting much worse than AA:

Revenue Update

Excluding the $45 million special non-cash revenue credit recorded last year, third quarter 2008 mainline passenger unit revenue (“PRASMâ€￾) is expected to increase between 4.5 percent and 5.5 percent year-over-year. Third quarter consolidated PRASM, excluding special items, is expected to increase between 4.0 percent and 5.0 percent year-over-year.

http://ir.united.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=83680...hdHRhY2g9T04%3d

In addition, UA has a loss of $544 million on its fuel hedges due to the decline in fuel prices. Even worse, its unrestricted cash is down $1.5 billion from June 30. AA's cash is down about $500 million during the third quarter.

http://www.marketwatch.com/News/Story/Stor...p;siteid=yhoof2

You guys really need to replace your union before the TWU screws things up again. The clouds are finally clearing over AA with lower fuel prices, much higher revenue (including bag fees and other ala carte items) and the prospect of higher fares this winter with the fleet drawdown. Who do you want negotiating your next contract? The worthless union or anyone else? If it were me, I'd choose anyone else besides the worthless union.

It also reinforces my suspicions on why all of a sudden there is a rush on getting a new contract in place by the International.

Thanks Fwaaa

FSC just recieved their proposal as leadership walked out. This should be posted on the other thread but, this reply is to you here I guess. The just was to outscource 24 mainline stations cut retirement healthcare at the age of 65, le me see what else from this crap proposal. Eliminate the option of prefunding. Elimination of the payout sick bank for pre65 retirees. An elimination of the defined pension plan for members hired after date of signing and offer 401k plan
Outscourcing of a select number of interline cargo jobs at MIA/Jfk. So take this for what it is worth but this tells me the company is in no hurry to get a contract in place for any work group :down:

FSC just recieved their proposal as leadership walked out. This should be posted on the other thread but, this reply is to you here I guess. The just was to outscource 24 mainline stations cut retirement healthcare at the age of 65, le me see what else from this crap proposal. Eliminate the option of prefunding. Elimination of the payout sick bank for pre65 retirees. An elimination of the defined pension plan for members hired after date of signing and offer 401k plan
Outscourcing of a select number of interline cargo jobs at MIA/Jfk. So take this for what it is worth but this tells me the company is in no hurry to get a contract in place for any work group :down:
Not anymore, with oil dropping below $100. THey were hoping to get a concessionary deal in place but now they will settle for a pay-freeze-which is a paycut in real terms because of inflation, instead.

But remember the International wanted us to vote on the last deal and the FSC Negotiating committee wanted to accept it as well.