40 FA recalls for August

I don't believe that to be true. You stopped acruing longevity for PAY, but you don't lose seniority.

I am almost 100% positve on that.....call the union on that one.

It's not so hard to just read your contract under "reduction in force". You stop accruing everything.

It's not so hard to just read your contract under "reduction in force". You stop accruing everything.

Informed,

You need to get "informed"!

Not in the EAST contract. The Voluntary furloughs have a side letter that has language that protects accrual of f/a seniority as well as longevity. There have been 9 VFs on the EAST not including the VFLRs.

I took a voluntary furlough from Dec. 2001 til May 2003. I maintained my longevity up to that point. Then I was INvoluntarily furloughed after May 2003 up to May 2006 and I came back in June 06. I didn't get longevity for that, only for my voluntary furlough. I was earning the pay of a third year flight attendant when I came back in 2006 even though technically I had been with the company since 2000. I didn't lose senority as far as trips go but I am so junior it doesn't really matter anyway. It just affected my pay. I did think it was strange that the company was insistant upon giving me my 5 year pin (big deal) yet they refused to give me five year pay. Oh well. Since you are voluntary you won't lose out on anything.

It was really weird how they were so hey-ha-ha about the five year pin when they are paying us three year pay and being sued over the MDA fiasco. My supervisor was all silly about the pin and I told her I wasnt very excited because the company needs to pay me for my active service with the airline, so its more of an insult than anything else. She told me she keeps hearing that, well, hellooooooo....

It was such a slap in the face! :down:

It was really weird how they were so hey-ha-ha about the five year pin when they are paying us three year pay and being sued over the MDA fiasco. My supervisor was all silly about the pin and I told her I wasnt very excited because the company needs to pay me for my active service with the airline, so its more of an insult than anything else. She told me she keeps hearing that, well, hellooooooo....

"Welcome back to the 'new' US Airways! We are so happy to see some fresh and beautiful faces around here!"

SLAP!

"But by the way, you look really nice in your uniform!"

SLAP!

Maybe once they saw how fabulous we all look they got jealous and decided to get their revenge and make us pay the price! LOL!

We'll have the last laugh, I'm sure of it. Trust me, I have a feeling! Drinks are on me at T.I., or if we're feeling classy, Lagoon or Flashbacks.

Ohhh! Those are some real high-end places! Isn't funny how you can always pick out crew members in those places, even if you don't know them?

We'll have the last laugh, I'm sure of it. Trust me, I have a feeling! Drinks are on me at T.I., or if we're feeling classy, Lagoon or Flashbacks.

I'm sorry to admit I was at the Lagoon about a month ago (it was a Thursday, don't judge) and we saw two gray haired grannies dancing with each other to a Jay-Z song. My friend dared me, so I went up and said "Oh my god we flew a SJU turn together!" Sure enough, they agreed (never seen them in my life!) and boogied away with me and my gay husband for the rest of the night.

That is too funny! LMAO! You should've taped it and put it on You Tube!

Have you been to the Lagoon on Salsa night? That would be interesting.

I remember last year at Flashbacks there was a really hot guy who was a bartender there but then he quit to go in insurance in King of Prussia. :( Some gay guys there were telling me that he sat on both sides of the fence (apparently they liked him too) but I didn't care. He had a girlfriend but I could have taken care of that. LOL! He was HOT! He didn't fit in there at all.

I'm sorry to admit I was at the Lagoon about a month ago (it was a Thursday, don't judge) and we saw two gray haired grannies dancing with each other to a Jay-Z song. My friend dared me, so I went up and said "Oh my god we flew a SJU turn together!" Sure enough, they agreed (never seen them in my life!) and boogied away with me and my gay husband for the rest of the night.

As I sit here in my classroon for Travel Agent Training learning SABRE, EMBFA and FlightChic have me crying...I am laughing so hard!!!

Girls, if I EVER do choose to come back I hope I fly with you gals! You kill me! :up: :up: :up:

Where is this good news posted?
Just received a AFA ELINE from the company stating that, Yes, its official, 40 recalls Aug 1st. They all have to respond to letter or they will be removed from the
seniority list. I know someone who already received their letter. Boston is very short. Welcome back...great news! Keep the recalls coming!

Are these 40 recalls to take the place of the TDY's from PIT? How much are the reserves utilized in BOS?

As busy as you want to be, plenty of flying right now.

The company had to go through over 800 involuntary furloughees to get the 90 they requested.
This recall must be to replace the 39 that changed their minds after accepting recall.

And this from the latest e-line:

"So, that is where we are. As you can see we have a long way to go. We have the major sections coming up and we know where the problems are. We know the Reserve system needs to change. We know we need improvements in Sick, Scheduling and Vacation.

The committee has decided to conduct a member survey/poll regarding the upcoming sections. There are significant differences in the upcoming sections between the two contracts. In light of those differences, there will have to be great deal of internal discussions within the JNC as to how we proceed. The poll will be conducted for both East and West. Information from the poll will be used in conjunction with our internal debate to formulate our proposals."

That will be a good time to let your feelings be known about the reserve system. (hate LTO! :down: )

Back