50 bucks again!

Not questioning you but how is shares stopping you from clearing sb? Is managent micro managing you to where at 10 min. that is it---close the door? I would let the CA know you have NR still waiting for seats....we start clearing non revs at 30 minutes....if anything we hold the BP to make sure....I apologize, just not sure how shares--and I am not a fan of shares-but how shares is making it impossible to clear the SB....? Pm me....missed talking with you!
And, we talked about "dictatatorship"...is it the same person whom we know??? If so---I told you that was their way of business----Napoleonish....nazi-ish....

Won't work if all the revs are on and you're clearing a nonrev...CA wants to leave early...they close flight out 20 Mins early and leave you standing there as they pushback 20 minutes ahead of schedule.

Could the gate be punished for clearing standbys? I guess so, but after they grieved it, the sup would be in trouble. I have never seen this happen.

You are aware that the grievance would probably not be heard for years to come right????

why would the supes be in trouble? CSS are part of the same union....shouldn't you have said the shift manager would be in trouble?

I for one do not doubt that crazy discipline crap is happening all over....what I may get written up for in my station---I have co workers that have transferred to a hub---hub could give a crap. Do yourself and your fellow co workers a favor and believe---believe that yes, stupid, asinine write ups ect. are occurring to your fellow co workers across the system. Show your support by believing and helping not lto let management do this to frontline emp's.
I read alot of your posts IS and I think you are humorous and I would like to believe that you support your fellow co workers whether they are in CLT/PHL or BOI.........sometimes I can't tell.
Keep the humor coming....I for one need it...I too am in one of those crazt stations where we have already furloughed---why was it kept quiet--this past January....and some are getting written up for silly., mundane things when there are definitely bigger issues at hand.....

Won't work if all the revs are on and you're clearing a nonrev...CA wants to leave early...they close flight out 20 Mins early and leave you standing there as they pushback 20 minutes ahead of schedule.
not in our station we don't.....if all checked in are not present and accounted for at 20 we wait....we page....then---and only then---do we close at 10.

We/I have gone so far as to call these goofs that check in on the fricking web...and think they can show up now 5 minutes beofre departure....as long as there is a number in rez---they are called time permitting....

if all your revs are on you have FA do an open seat count and send your NR down in order....the plane aint going no where without its numbers right???? The only time we have left non revs behind is when they are not present at the gate at D10.....being an employee does not entitle you to act like a professional web checkin customer and show up at departure time...those days are over....

not in our station we don't.....if all checked in are not present and accounted for at 20 we wait....we page....then---and only then---do we close at 10.

We/I have gone so far as to call these goofs that check in on the fricking web...and think they can show up now 5 minutes beofre departure....as long as there is a number in rez---they are called time permitting....

if all your revs are on you have FA do an open seat count and send your NR down in order....the plane aint going no where without its numbers right???? The only time we have left non revs behind is when they are not present at the gate at D10.....being an employee does not entitle you to act like a professional web checkin customer and show up at departure time...those days are over....

Excuse me...I was stranded in some hick ass outstation namely Fresno at EXACTLY D20 and I was never paged...my cell # is in the Rez...

Kudos to your station, I'm glad to know I'd be paged or called if I'm running late between D20-D10.

IF you gate agents ever feel pressure from doing your job right, clearing stand by's, oversold, drama, etc. Always go to the Capt. and tell them the situation. Most of the time he or she will always be willing to help you out in a stressful situation. Many times, as a flight attendant, I have had gate sups come down to plane ranting and going crazy, because the door wasn't closed?! I always direct them to the capt. Most of the time paperwork is messed up, maintence, etc. Also, the pilots don't stress out about discipline and ontime perfomance.
It seems, PHL and the east coast bases have succumend to the Intimidation factor that us HP employees have always dealt with by mgmt for years. Sad. :(

All right team! Wooo hoooo (downs more Kool-Aid )

Yeah!!!!

Ok , I know this news is old , and a lot of us don’t really CARE about the 50 dollars , but what we should care about is the fact that’s its an indicator of our performance ,the money’s just a nice side note , heck I suppose if it weren’t for the money most of us wouldn’t pay attention .. but seeing as we’re all paying attention now , we need to do better , we MUST do better , we CAN do better ..

Please stop accusing me with the “I’m a company cheerleader†.. I am not a company cheerleader ,I’m an American worker who wants to keep his decent paying job . notice I didn’t say great or good paying job , just decent ..

Go to CNN and check the business section , there’s going to be A LOT of turbulence ahead . We’ve got to get our operation running like clock work this summer because this may be our very last chance to make a good impression on the flying public so that they will once again fly with us in the future ..and we will NEED them to fly with us again in the future so that we can ALL keep our jobs …

Don’t bother replying with a message about “they need to pay us more , better work rules etc “. As I’ve mentioned I believe the time to make contract gains has passed or is about to slip away very very shortly …. It’s now a futile discussion to continue on with those types of messages on this board IMHO.

You know Shannon I was going to comment on the discipline thing, however you said something that really struck a nerve and is in many ways the essence of the whole situation regarding customer expectations and why I post so darn much :lol:

So, by striking a nerve is that a good thing or a bad thing? I think I strike a lot of nerves but no one ever wants to give me a good hateful e-b!tchslap. I know why I get away with it... I think you liked it.

You loooove Us Airways. You know it.

:ph34r:

Shannon,

Be nice darlin' else it will you that's gets the spanking. :lol: :lol:
I do love the everyday folks at US Airways
Management and I are not on the best of terms, although that seems to be changing. I think they're beginning to realize that despite the blistering rants on here from time to time, I really do want them to be successful. I think the bluntness still has them flumoxed. But remember I come from the part of the country where you can tell someone "Go F*%K Yourself" and it's not taken personally. :up:

They also get that I've little to no patience left when it comes to IT snafu's and to be candid they have bent over backwards to assist me with the issues I have and have given me satisfactory workarounds. All in all a better carrier than a year ago. For me to be totally happy at this point would take alot. So much bad blood has been spilled and mud slung.

I'm really glad everyone got the $50.00, you earned it and deserve it.

I just hope and pray that it is not at the expense of customers left behind and that kind of thing. Which is another core issue with me regarding management. Their is no trust whatsoever in their public comments. Some of the private more candid exchanges they are more forthcoming.

Piney,

I have never responded to any of your posts - as I am expecting a pretty harsh response.

I can't help in this case. You are always complaining about mgmt at US and supporting the front line. The company is working to run an on-time airline (I know you will say its because they pad the schedule however there is enough evidence to say they don't as well as they do - the truth is probably in the middle). With that aside, if the plane is leaving on-time, which is what you have asked for multiple times (reliable product), then you should be happy the planes are running on time and not suggesting at the end of your post its at the expense of leaving passengers.

There is no directive from management to leave customers behind. I do see alot of passengers running for gates from the club, etc. that were at the airport in time to be on the flight on time. I have seen gate agents call for passengers by name multiple times before clearing standbys. I have also seen flights held for connections in CLT and PHL.

I for one think both the front line and mgmt are working hard to deliver an on-time airline and its working.

With the on-time progress they now are getting ready to make a big improvement in baggage. They are going to start to have scanners for baggage tracking and are testing them now. I for one think that is the most important IT project - baggage tracking. This will be another big improvement. I can't wait to hear from people how difficult it is to use the scanners. Although UPS, Fed Ex, United, etc use these devices all day long to track things without complaints.

Thanks to both mgmt and front line employees for working so hard on on-time and good luck with baggage!

oh yes indeed write ups are occuring for this very reason

I heard it right from a gate agt who got written up for assisting a new hire who was overwhelmed and by herself .. she was trying to rebook rev pax who had been cancelled by the lovely Shares and had to be rebooked...now what do you do leave without them due to d-10 or rebook ...as it was through no fault of theirs that they were cancelled....so they rebooked and my friend ran down the jetway with them and said take any open seat while the new hire rebooked them

The flight did push late but only because capt wanted jetway back on.....

The new hire asked my friend to go with her to mgr to explain because she was in trouble for oning seats after the D-10

So my friend goes in and explains and the mgr says "Whats your name, cause you're going on level one too

This is no BS.....mgmnt is out of control.....the pressure is overwhelming even for old hires.....

the threat of the pen is hanging over you all the time.....sometimes we have 3 mgrs at the gate at dept time getting in the way

I'll work the flight you go manage somewhere else....dont you have some paperwork to do

But where are they when I have an irate pax who wants a mgr????????(crickets)

Piney the bags numbers have improved 50%!
Do you think those are false too? Maybe they are not counting black bags?

OH Boo, just give the shift supervisors Starbucks and your Shift mangers skittles and M&M's , do everything you're asked, and you'll never get the smackdown over the every once in a while delay. They are called fkk ups. We all have them.

This only works if you know what you're doing and you're not generally a PP head.

If that doesn't apply, well then I dont know what else to tell you.

:up:

Listen Piney....I am not going to have an inane argument with you over this inane comment.

The comment was....gate agents are disciplined when they clear all standbys and get the flight out on-time...

That is B/S and I think everyone would agree with me. If the poster's comment is true to only philly then philly has a lot more problems than we even knew of...

As far as me...I've been all over the place---stations and departments....so go bark up a different tree...GF
Why don't you leave, if, indeed, you participate in this cluster f known as US. Perhaps you are the problem!!!!

I've heard from more than one executive at other carrier who've stated "They're in over their head" in reference to Tempe.
Kinda like Herb saying "I have no idea what they (US) are doing, though jumping off a cliff seems likely", per one of the chief pilots at SWA.

and the "hurt" doesn't come about from the jump, it is the impact at the bottom that changes the way people view things.

i can't believe you guys are being serious.

That really doesn't happen unless the agent just forgot to clear the standby or wasnt prepared to work the flight. Pee ree oodd....

That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Next assanine comment please, I've got all night.

Back