60 years across the Pacific!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great flic's....Great Airline.

Boy, Don Carty/AA.........BLEW IT when he would'nt "come up with" the $ 1B for BIG RED/Wilson Checchi, back in the mid/late 90's :down:

Tell me 'bout it.

My recollection is that it was the summer of 2000 when Carty refused to pay the rumoured $100/share for NWA; it had closed at less than $25 the day before UAL announced the USAir purchase. AA apparently offered $44 or so but NWA wanted more like $100. Would have been several billion more.

Here's an article that conforms to my ancient old geezer memory: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn41...13/ai_n10139325

Still, if UAL announces a big merger deal with DL or CO, I predict that Arpey will be hard pressed to ignore NWA.

NW's market cap is only about $4.2B today. Not that expensive if AA wants to go shopping.

NW's market cap is only about $4.2B today. Not that expensive if AA wants to go shopping.

Market cap is fluid and has no real importance (no value when one is looking to qualify for a purchase in the Billions) when the banks look at the books for lending Billions . Your EBITDA is what's significant, that's what they will lend money on, not your daily mak. cap. So I'd rethink that shopping spree!

AMR-Enterprise Value/EBITDA (ttm)3: $5.083
(EV $12.2B, with a daily MC of $5.2)

NWA-Enterprise Value/EBITDA (ttm)3: $5.151
(Enterprise val. $8.2 B, a lot different than $4.2)

Status
Not open for further replies.