$64 million net loss for October excluding reorg items

Looks like the fourth quarter equals more losses at Delta, despite the cheerleaders' predictions of a miraculous reorganization:

http://biz.yahoo.com/pz/061130/109552.html

Maybe USAir can turn things from loss to profit.
No kidding. Who has made money in BK? Why do you all hate DL and the employees so much? I don't get it or understand. And as far as US Airways saving DL, The only thing that U wants is our Intl. routes and the ATL hub, and I suppose getting rid of a competitor. But do you all REALLY think this will get rid of competition? Who will swoop in and fill the void? Thats right, the brown turd in the sky. I have nothing against any of the U employees, but they are a big low cost domestic carrier and Intl. is needed bad..and quick. :down:

For those who actually care about important details:

Operating loss: $9 million
This number includes $43 million in negative impact from fuel hedges. In otherwords, fuel prices were not expected to drop as much as they did.

This number includes $43 million in negative impact from fuel hedges. In otherwords, fuel prices were not expected to drop as much as they did.
True, but up they go again..

No kidding. Who has made money in BK? Why do you all hate DL and the employees so much? I don't get it or understand. And as far as US Airways saving DL, The only thing that U wants is our Intl. routes and the ATL hub, and I suppose getting rid of a competitor. But do you all REALLY think this will get rid of competition? Who will swoop in and fill the void? Thats right, the brown turd in the sky. I have nothing against any of the U employees, but they are a big low cost domestic carrier and Intl. is needed bad..and quick. :down:

Why do you assume that I hate anyone? I've got nothin' but love, brutha. B)

No kidding. Who has made money in BK? Why do you all hate DL and the employees so much?

No one wishes your employees ill. However, as you probably know, many of the posters in the airlines forums have been putting up with the drivel spouted by World Traveller. You probably noticed that WT took one last shot and said he was packing up his tent and disappearing for awhile. I would venture the reaction you percieve has a lot more to do with him then it does from anyone wishing DL employees anything bad.

Equally important is that the interest bill must be paid, and that took the $9 million operating loss to $64 million. Even if DL successfully emerges as a stand-alone firm, it will have to pay interest.

Nearly every legacy reported a similarly large negative fuel hedge component in their 3rd quarter results.

No kidding. Who has made money in BK?
Well, according to WT, DL was making money while in BK.

I think we are seeing the reason he copped out and decided to high-tail it. He got wind of these numbers a few days ago and didn't want to have to 'splain and spin.

Apparently, some people on USAviation have not been briefed on DL's plan. Perhaps the plan didn't forecast profits in every month.... like DL posted this summer.

Of course, let's look back and see how US and UA did at this point in their bankruptcies - in US' case, they weren't doing this well even on the 2nd one.

"Our plan is working and we have tremendous, hard-won confidence in it.''

Notice that cash continues to grow.

Great!

I take it there won't be (yet more) delays in exiting BK and things are looking rosey for DL to emerge independent and to take over UA's Pacific routes and all?

Wonderful news! You must be very happy.

(Or do I have to post in really big font to convince myself of things?)

Notice too that Northwest made a profit in October and Delta didn't. Probably a direct result of Delta adding too much capacity internationally. Does fine in May-Aug, but loses money the rest of the year.

Latest posts

Back