70 Shift Managers jobs in customer service

As a CSS in DCA, most of us make more than a topped out shift manger. Even with the pay cuts we do better. They wind up working 12 hour days with none of the flexibility and none of the extra pay. A little ot puts our pay way above theirs. I personally make more than any shift manager in DCA and probably as much as our department Managers. This s the only place I know where you make less money with a "promotion". This is a job for someone who wants a title and not pay.

As a CSS in DCA, most of us make more than a topped out shift manger. Even with the pay cuts we do better. They wind up working 12 hour days with none of the flexibility and none of the extra pay. A little ot puts our pay way above theirs. I personally make more than any shift manager in DCA and probably as much as our department Managers. This s the only place I know where you make less money with a "promotion". This is a job for someone who wants a title and not pay.

Senior HP fleet service agents make quite a bit more than supes. If there is OT, then f/s agents make much more.

IM sure there will be a couple of these "HIGHLY PAID" CSS back office type that will apply for this job because they can't imagine working 8 hours a day out on a ticket counter, it's been a long time since they really worked 8 hours :D . Some of the openings will go to JR CSA's hoping for advancement and the opportunity to negotiate a raise.

I think the JR CSA would bring more enthusiasm to the work place.

another total waste of U stock holders money. Get the station manager to manage
and the CSS to work the floor and there is no need for
a shift manager. U stockholders being fleeced

They are hiring agents and paying them agent pay and calling them shift managers. In class II stations management is allow to do agent work.

This layer of management was practically done away with at the old US especially at the small and medium station.I guess this is the answer to more help on the front line

It's simple all HP supervisors were mgmt so they have no where to go so they will fill those positions even with out any experience ....

I suggest all who want to move up with the company to put in for these positions I know it's a cut in pay for senior emp pay but if you let them all get in it will be bad.

It's simple all HP supervisors were mgmt so they have no where to go so they will fill those positions even with out any experience ....

I suggest all who want to move up with the company to put in for these positions I know it's a cut in pay for senior emp pay but if you let them all get in it will be bad.
in some cities they did not even post the openings...just gave it to them

in some cities they did not even post the openings...just gave it to them

I think in all cities they did this but now they are up on COB so now its time for those who have the real ability to sign up.

In our Station, the Shift Managers jobs were given to the America West Supervisors. They did not go out for Bid nor were they offered to any USAirways (East) Employees. We have one ramp agent that has SEVEN YEARS of Shift manager Experience, and he wasnt even considered. The CSM claimed he needed to protect his Supervisors as they were NON-UNION and had no where to go.

This layer of management was practically done away with at the old US especially at the small and medium station.I guess this is the answer to more help on the front line

Unfortunately with the new IBT/CWA transition agreement this was expected. The shift manager can now work up to 2 hours on the frontlines with other dues payors. Yep that's right!
Just looks to me like management has openings because of the additional work contracted out by the unions and delivered to management at dues payers expense.

Who wants to bet that practically nobody monitors to see if shift managers work more than 2 hours or if it is hindering overtime opportunities for dues payers?

regards,

Unfortunately with the new IBT/CWA transition agreement this was expected. The shift manager can now work up to 2 hours on the frontlines with other dues payors. Yep that's right!
Just looks to me like management has openings because of the additional work contracted out by the unions and delivered to management at dues payers expense.

Who wants to bet that practically nobody monitors to see if shift managers work more than 2 hours or if it is hindering overtime opportunities for dues payers?

regards,

If they put the old CSS's back out on the floor "to work" there will be no need for the new shift managers to do anything on the floor but observe. In fact with the CSS working again many stations will be over staffed.

Back