73H/738 mod plans

Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
DL announced earlier this year they are adding AVOD to the ~30 ships that didn't have it installed in 2007-2008 time period. Is the plan for them to receive new seats, power in all seats, and the new Panasonic system as well? Will the eX2 birds receive the new system as well?

Josh

From what I understand approval has been given for
the 43 738 a/c  They will be 
getting nose to tail AVOD and 110 outlets in every seat
refurbished lavs and removal of the ovens.
start 2015 and end 2016

BABA these a/c are used in Latin markets where free meals are still offered in Y, no? Does DL serve a cold sandwich in these markets?

Josh

I believe just latin america "special" markets have a hot meal in y/c
[SIZE=12pt]BOG, CCS, and UIO.  The rest of LA have a snack in y/c. [/SIZE]

BOG and UIO are either 757s or 737-700s due to performance requirements.

there are markets where DL will continue to need a hot meal in coach but I believe the A319s will keep the hot galleys and the 757 int'l will as well and I presume the 73Gs will.

WorldTraveler said:
BOG and UIO are either 757s or 737-700s due to performance requirements.

there are markets where DL will continue to need a hot meal in coach but I believe the A319s will keep the hot galleys and the 757 int'l will as well and I presume the 73Gs will.
FWIW the 73Ws aren't being touched AFAIK. 

737823 said:
DL announced earlier this year they are adding AVOD to the ~30 ships that didn't have it installed in 2007-2008 time period. Is the plan for them to receive new seats, power in all seats, and the new Panasonic system as well? Will the eX2 birds receive the new system as well?

Josh
The 738s without AVOD were wired up and made ready for AVOD at the same time as the 73H mods. they will keep the same seats AFAIK also. 

BABABOOY said:
From what I understand approval has been given for
the 43 738 a/c  They will be 
getting nose to tail AVOD and 110 outlets in every seat
refurbished lavs and removal of the ovens.
start 2015 and end 2016
this is my understanding also. 

So the 738s without AVOD will get the new Panasonic system (with the Eco monitors) yet the existing 73H is keeping the older eX2 system? The 73H has power outlets in F only but USB througiut thought DL planned to also install power as part of the mods-what exactly is happening to the 738 and 73H fleets?

Josh

737823 said:
So the 738s without AVOD will get the new Panasonic system (with the Eco monitors) yet the existing 73H is keeping the older eX2 system? The 73H has power outlets in F only but USB througiut thought DL planned to also install power as part of the mods-what exactly is happening to the 738 and 73H fleets?

Josh
I think you will see the 30 738s with VOD switch over to the same system on the 900ERs. 

the current system is buggy for sure. 

Bump. Any update? Will the ~33 73H retain their current seats and Panasonic eFx system or will they upgrade to the 9 Eco monitors like on the new 739?

As of now does DL plan to keep the 73Gs long term?

Josh

I preferred the system with the live tv over the one on the 737-900.. By the way it is off topic ,but I am out of the country... did the city of Dallas kick Delta out of Love field?

DL is in fact operating its schedule from DAL tomorrow and the Dallas City Council says they will discuss the issue in executive closed session tomorrow.

again, if they didn't think DL was in the right to be expecting to be provided access, DL would have been gone a long time ago.

WorldTraveler said:
DL is in fact operating its schedule from DAL tomorrow and the Dallas City Council says they will discuss the issue in executive closed session tomorrow.
According to the linked article, I think the Dallas City Council is discussing the matter today (Wednesday), not tomorrow (Thursday).