757's

that's it highflyermiami, i'm not copperfield. just almost only true statements.

CHEERS :D

that's it highflyermiami, i'm not copperfield. just almost only true statements.

CHEERS :D

THANKS SPEEDBRAKE

Hmmm...well 36 is a sweet number to start with. All from a single operator?

article mentions some older 757s will be retire in the next few years. Wonder if they will end up with purple tails?, statement on airliners
hummm, maybe some from delta.
as you know, concerning the md11's,they are coming from eveywhere(delta,varig,swiss,...) they take what's available on the market.
why should they change the good way of doing, just take all of them from everywhere

This whole plan surprises me because the 757s are in such high demand that their prices have not been falling. I don't know of any airline planning on retiring a large number of 757s. This leads me to believe it must be a lessor who has agreements that will expire in '09. That's got to be quite a deal for the lessor if they're getting enough $$$ committed now to convince them to lock into a new agreement with FedEx to start in three years.

I believe that BA was looking to unload their B757s pretty soon. How many do they have? The ex-TWA B757s that AA has, with some going to DL, where are the rest going?? just my thoughts.......

I believe that BA was looking to unload their B757s pretty soon. How many do they have?

BA has already unloaded the majority of their 757s, including all of their pre-1990-built examples. Remember, they were the co-launch customer (along with Eastern) back in 1983.
They only have about a dozen left in service.

Back